Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Volunteer to Write a Walkthrough

• thirtysmooththirtysmooth359,980
    Posted on 15 May 17 at 11:32
    If you are interested in writing a walkthrough, please post in this thread with the game you are interested in.

Before deciding whether or not you want to write a walkthrough, you should be aware that a well-constructed, detailed walkthrough can take up a significant amount of time. It is important to note that any incorrect information in a walkthrough reflects poorly on the site. As such, please strive to only include correct information in your walkthroughs.

Whilst we will try to assign an overseer that has also played the game, this will not always be possible. In some cases, we will not be able to verify all your information.

As a general rule, the more detail, the better. This is entirely dependent on the type of game you are writing the walkthrough for. If you believe more information is needed to help the readers, please include it! You don't have to include the DLC with your walkthrough if you don't want to, but we do encourage it.

Stating your interest in helping with a walkthrough in this thread does not guarantee you the sole rights to the walkthrough. The Walkthroughs on TrueSteamAchievements are of a wiki style. As such, if you show interest in a game that has already been worked on, you will (in most cases) be added to the walkthrough as an Editor. If there is no progress, or the previous owner has opted out of writing the walkthrough, you will be the owner of the walkthrough.

You can check which walkthroughs are in progress here:
    Walkthroughs

After posting in this thread, we will be in contact as soon as we can. Walkthrough handouts are usually dealt with within 7 days of requests.

We do reserve the right to deny a member's request for writing a walkthrough if we cannot see the game on your gamertag. We, and the community, need to be assured that the person writing the walkthough has some understanding of the game, either through completion or actively playing the game.

Our walkthroughs are significantly different in format than walkthroughs on any other site. Please read through the following thread for information on how your walkthrough should be written.
    Information on Walkthroughs

Thanks in advance for your interest!

thirty, Walkthrough Manager
  • transyotransyo23,843
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 16:30
    Hello!

I’ve already posted walkthroughs for Blossoms Bloom Brightest, Red String of Fate, Disturbed and Carpe Diem and I would like to write the walk throughs for these games! I would love to help get TSA as best it can be!
    S. Kennex
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 May 17 at 16:53
    Will you check the source of the walkthrough too? It would not be the first time that someone copy/paste a walkthrough or solution and say "Here thats my.".
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,684
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 17:08
    Yes, Walkthroughs will be checked for plagiarism
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,684
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,946
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 17:23
    Nomstuff said:
    Yes, Walkthroughs will be checked for plagiarism
    Also, achievement walkthroughs will be different than regular walkthroughs in most cases.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar6,316
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 00:17
    So I'm expecting this will be a no, but I wanted to check anyway. Could I possibly port over my Broken Age walkthrough from TT? The catch is the game isn't on my Steam account, although the achievement list is identical to the trophy list.
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 07:33
    transyo said:
    Hello!

I’ve already posted walkthroughs for Blossoms Bloom Brightest, Red String of Fate, Disturbed and Carpe Diem and I would like to write the walk throughs for these games! I would love to help get TSA as best it can be!
    Thanks for your interest. Please let me know which one you'd like to do first. As per our Information on Walkthroughs, you may only write one walkthrough at a time.
    punkyliar said:
    So I'm expecting this will be a no, but I wanted to check anyway. Could I possibly port over my Broken Age walkthrough from TT? The catch is the game isn't on my Steam account, although the achievement list is identical to the trophy list.
    I can't see a problem with this, as long as the achievements and the mechanics are identical.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar6,316
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 10:19
    thirtysmooth said:
    punkyliar said:
    I can't see a problem with this, as long as the achievements and the mechanics are identical.
    The mechanics are definitely the same, although I'd obviously need to switch up the button prompts. A lot of people, myself included, used Steam guides when the PS4 version was first released because they were the only ones available. I'd like to go ahead with the porting if possible, please.
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 10:22
    punkyliar said:
    thirtysmooth said:
    punkyliar said:
    The mechanics are definitely the same, although I'd obviously need to switch up the button prompts. A lot of people, myself included, used Steam guides when the PS4 version was first released because they were the only ones available. I'd like to go ahead with the porting if possible, please.
    Sure, check your PM's
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice399,682
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 23:23, Edited on 17 May 17 at 23:30 by DakotaThrice
    City of Fools Achievements
    Playing History - The Plague Achievements
    True Lovers Knot Achievements
    The Lords of the Earth Flame Achievements
    Alexia Crow and the Cave of Heroes Achievements

I already have all of these except the last written and published on Steam so they'd just need adapting. The last just needs the last few scenes writing up.

Once a walkthrough is published on TSA, it becomes TSA's intellectual property. The walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. If you put it on TSA, we don't want it reproduced on other sites. If you host another site and care to use a walkthrough, you're allowed to post a link to our site's walkthrough, but you are not allowed to copy and paste it.
    Missed that part on my first read through. I understand the guides being wiki-style and that you don't want them reproducing elsewhere but I'm not willing to sign away my content to the site.
  • Posted on 18 May 17 at 15:27
    Hello! I'd love to write a walkthrough on both Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. I've completed the first on Steam and am working towards completing the second on Steam as well. I've completed the second on Vita and nearly completed the first on Vita as well, and I'd like to think I know the series inside and out. My TrueTrophies profile is linked on my page as proof. :3
    Posted on 19 May 17 at 10:11
    Decibelle said:
    Hello! I'd love to write a walkthrough on both Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. I've completed the first on Steam and am working towards completing the second on Steam as well. I've completed the second on Vita and nearly completed the first on Vita as well, and I'd like to think I know the series inside and out. My TrueTrophies profile is linked on my page as proof. :3
    Please check your PM's.
  • tintmylftintmylf217,763
    Posted on 20 May 17 at 14:39
    I'd like to start by writing walkthroughs for

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
    The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed

For the first of these, I actually wrote an entire walkthrough for this site before I discovered walkthroughs weren't actually enabled yet (I was replaying the game and thought that putting together a walkthrough at the same time would be useful) and have been waiting to be able to post it.

For the latter, I wrote the guides to all of the achievements on this site as well as on the Steam forum and would like to turn that into a formal walkthrough here.
  • DarkDan88DarkDan8822,021
    Posted on 21 May 17 at 13:45
    I would like to write walkthroughs for Final Fantasy VII and VIII.
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 07:38
    tintmylf said:
    I'd like to start by writing walkthroughs for

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
    The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed

For the first of these, I actually wrote an entire walkthrough for this site before I discovered walkthroughs weren't actually enabled yet (I was replaying the game and thought that putting together a walkthrough at the same time would be useful) and have been waiting to be able to post it.

For the latter, I wrote the guides to all of the achievements on this site as well as on the Steam forum and would like to turn that into a formal walkthrough here.
    DarkDan88 said:
    I would like to write walkthroughs for Final Fantasy VII and VIII.
    Just a reminder that you may only write one walkthrough concurrently, so I've set you one with the ones you listed first; please check your PM's.

Thanks.
  • transyotransyo23,843
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 15:30
    I'd like to do the walk through for Red String of Fate first, please!
    S. Kennex
    Posted on 05 June 17 at 07:40
    transyo said:
    I'd like to do the walk through for Red String of Fate first, please!
    Please check your PM's.
  • Posted on 05 June 17 at 23:01, Edited on 05 June 17 at 23:02 by BinkieSmalls
    Once a walkthrough is published on TSA, it becomes TSA's intellectual property. The walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. If you put it on TSA, we don't want it reproduced on other sites. If you host another site and care to use a walkthrough, you're allowed to post a link to our site's walkthrough, but you are not allowed to copy and paste it.
    As DakotaThrice pointed out earlier, is this a set rule?
    Cause it seems very user unfriendly in my opinion. People put the work in for free and then you claim that it is your material and we can't use it anymore.

Personally i would like to write guides but with these rules i rather post them elsewhere. Something like i place i can keep my own material and use it as i please.

Since the question went ignored the first time i thought i would ask it again.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,684
    Posted on 06 June 17 at 05:14, Edited on 06 June 17 at 05:15 by Nomstuff
    Yes it is.

Partly due to the semi-wiki nature of the guides.

anyone can edit them.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads