Game Discussion: Age of Empires II (2013)

Deleted Achievements

• DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 17 November 15 at 08:37, Edited on 15 February 16 at 13:45 by Daruk
    Since the "African Kingdoms" release, 24 achievements has been deleted (and no longer existing/available neither) on Steam:

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the IncasThe Legend among the Incas achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Incas! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Incas and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the IndiansThe Legend among the Indians achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Indians! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Indians and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the ItaliansThe Legend among the Italians achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Italians! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Italians and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the MagyarThe Legend among the Magyar achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Magyar! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Magyar and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the SlavsThe Legend among the Slavs achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Slavs! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Slavs and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the BritonsThe Legend among the Britons achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Britons! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Britons and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the FranksThe Legend among the Franks achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Franks! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Franks and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the GothsThe Legend among the Goths achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Goths! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Goths and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the TeutonsThe Legend among the Teutons achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Teutons! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Teutons and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the JapaneseThe Legend among the Japanese achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Japanese! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Japanese and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the ChineseThe Legend among the Chinese achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Chinese! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Chinese and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the ByzantinesThe Legend among the Byzantines achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Byzantines! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Byzaneines and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the PersiansThe Legend among the Persians achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Persians! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Persians and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the SaracensThe Legend among the Saracens achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Saracens! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Saracens and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the TurksThe Legend among the Turks achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Turks! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Turks and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the VikingsThe Legend among the Vikings achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Vikings! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Vikings and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the MongolsThe Legend among the Mongols achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Mongols! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Mongols and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the CeltsThe Legend among the Celts achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Celts! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Celts and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the SpanishThe Legend among the Spanish achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Spanish! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Spanish and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the AztecsThe Legend among the Aztecs achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Aztecs! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Aztecs and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the MayansThe Legend among the Mayans achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Mayans! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Mayans and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the HunsThe Legend among the Huns achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Huns! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Huns and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the KoreansThe Legend among the Koreans achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Koreans! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Koreans and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among AllThe Legend among All achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsYou have achieved victory with random civilizations a thousand times. Today you know everything. Very few generals can match you victory for victory, and even fewer when using a random civilization. Today is a day of triumph. Congratulations!

Seems to be 26 deleted achievement because the total number of achievement in this game is now : 265 and not 291... But I can't find the 2 lasts...

Edit: The 2 achievements I missed so far are finally 2 achievements that were modified by devs:
    Seems to be the no-longer existing 2 ach. :
    Age of Empires II (2013)Master of the Medieval WorldThe Master of the Medieval World achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Successful leaders use many techniques to build their empires. Your careful study of the greatest of these men and women has given you new powers and abilities to build future empires.

Age of Empires II (2013)Forgotten Campaign CompletedThe Forgotten Campaign Completed achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Forgotten Expansion. Successful leaders use many techniques to build their empires. Your careful study of the greatest of these men and women has given you new powers and abilities to build future empires.

Because, now, they're replaced by:
    Age of Empires II (2013)Master of the Medieval WorldThe Master of the Medieval World achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 28 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Successful leaders use many techniques to build their empires. Your careful study of the greatest of these men and women has given you new powers and abilities to build future empires.

Age of Empires II (2013)Master of the Forgotten WorldThe Master of the Forgotten World achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 40 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Forgotten Expansion. Through your trials and successes in these clashes of arms, you surely have mastered all spheres of empire-building and rule, and are ready to start building your own legend. “Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal: But the good name never dies of one who has done well.” -Havamal (Poetic Edda 1220)
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice399,687
    Posted on 19 November 15 at 23:12
    According to the store page the total count is 265 so there isn't another one to find.
  • DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 21:22
    I hope TSA will delete them soon, as Astats & Achievementstats already did!
    I want to be able to reach 100% on this game!! smile
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • Posted on 05 January 16 at 23:02
    Oh wow, these 1000-win achievements always seemed excessive lol
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET21,817
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 23:58
    I guess it's good for the majority, but if I was one of the few who unlocked them I'd be a tad upset.
  • DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 06 January 16 at 09:29
    We discussed with some TSA friends about that and a good way to be fair would surely be some kind of "bonus points" for the players who unlocked these deleted achievements? (If it's able?)

Imho, it seems stupid to maintain all these "no longer existing on Steam" achievements in TSA.
    Moreover, it will prevent gamers to reach 100% completion in TSA even if Steam mention you got 100%!!

But some brave players unlocked the deleted achievements before they were deleted on Steam, and these players surely deserve something special for that I guess!
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice399,687
    Posted on 06 January 16 at 23:38
    KuWanTum said:Oh wow, these 1000-win achievements always seemed excessive lolYou could win as quick as you could load a game. Sure it might have still taken time but it's not like you actually needed a thousand full games for each
  • AhayzoAhayzo6,589
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 05:08
    TiCyrillou said:We discussed with some TSA friends about that and a good way to be fair would surely be some kind of "bonus points" for the players who unlocked these deleted achievements? (If it's able?)

Imho, it seems stupid to maintain all these "no longer existing on Steam" achievements in TSA.
    Moreover, it will prevent gamers to reach 100% completion in TSA even if Steam mention you got 100%!!

But some brave players unlocked the deleted achievements before they were deleted on Steam, and these players surely deserve something special for that I guess!
    They'll likely just get the Discontinued flag that achievements get on our other sites that were unlockable at one time but not anymore for one reason or another
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 16 at 18:44
    Alklein92201 said:They'll likely just get the Discontinued flag that achievements get on our other sites that were unlockable at one time but not anymore for one reason or anotherYour prob right, but this would be the wrong want to handle it to be honest. As difference between Steam and PSN/XBL is these achievements/trophies are still required for 100% but on Steam they arnt, as Steam will say you have 100% due to these achievements being removed.
  • AhayzoAhayzo6,589
    Posted on 12 January 16 at 01:56
    Yes but just like TA/TT, and now TSA, the whole basis of these sites is that just because the companies do it a certain way doesn't make it the right way. I don't know which way I'd prefer really, I'd probably say if they still show on Steam for players who got them, then we should keep them entirely. If Valve wipes them even from players who unlock them, then wipe them here.

This is definitely a new situation though that hasn't been decided in the past from another TrueGaming site, so it certainly isn't an easy decision.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj38,535
    Posted on 17 January 16 at 00:51
    They should be wiped, so many other achievements have been deleted prior to this site coming out so it would feel inconsistent.
    No reason to bog down servers and load times with useless things like achievements few people may have obtained.

The one exception maybe being if a entire game gets wiped. This has happened in the past to online only games that have been removed from Steam and shut down.
  • AhayzoAhayzo6,589
    Posted on 17 January 16 at 09:26, Edited on 17 January 16 at 16:35 by Ahayzo
    Note: Per this post, the site devs already have a method they're looking into for how to handle these situations.

mcnichoj said:No reason to bog down servers and load times with useless things like achievements few people may have obtained.What? Regardless of opinion on this subject overall, that's absurd. The whole point of the ratio and adjusted TrueScore is to reward people more who have gotten rarer achievements. Those achievements arent useless, it's exactly those kinds of achievements that many use as an achievement hunting "badge of honor", if you will.

Removing achievements because we can't scan them is entirely different than simply choosing not to. We should be aiming to have every piece of data we can.

As for entire games, has that actually happened? That's just dumb... I'm not sure why these can get removed in the first place, no matter what my thoughts are on the topic.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj38,535
    Posted on 18 January 16 at 02:10, Edited on 18 January 16 at 06:07 by mcnichoj
    Alklein92201 said:Removing achievements because we can't scan them is entirely different than simply choosing not to.The scenario I'm about to suggest kind of ties these two things together.
    Now what if someone did actually get those removed achievements but they weren't a member on this site? Then they join and we end up getting people complaining how they should have 'such and such' achievement.

Alklein92201 said:As for entire games, has that actually happened? That's just dumb... I'm not sure why these can get removed in the first place, no matter what my thoughts are on the topic.Yup, yup. Rise of Immortals was a Dota style game created by the Guardians of Graxia (this game still exists on Steam) devs, presumably they weren't getting enough money and so they wiped everything of RoI to cover up their failure.
    The only existence of its achievements in full is on GameFAQ:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/622496-rise-of-immortals-battle-f...
    The devs for any given game can remove anything and everything related to their game.
    Even badges aren't safe:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/...

Edit: Something else I wanted to mention but I forgot to while typing up everything else is that the mother site TA has removed one achievement that was removed from a game on Xbox One.
  • AhayzoAhayzo6,589
    Posted on 18 January 16 at 16:51
    mcnichoj said:Edit: Something else I wanted to mention but I forgot to while typing up everything else is that the mother site TA has removed one achievement that was removed from a game on Xbox One.What was it, and was it before public availability of the game? I seem to remember something like that.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj38,535
    Posted on 18 January 16 at 16:58
    Alklein92201 said:mcnichoj said:Edit: Something else I wanted to mention but I forgot to while typing up everything else is that the mother site TA has removed one achievement that was removed from a game on Xbox One.What was it, and was it before public availability of the game? I seem to remember something like that.Nope, it was a game out for like a year.
    The mother site has also reflected any kinds of changes that have appeared on the Xbox servers be in description changes or gamerscore allotments.
  • AhayzoAhayzo6,589
    Posted on 18 January 16 at 18:14
    mcnichoj said:Alklein92201 said:mcnichoj said:Edit: Something else I wanted to mention but I forgot to while typing up everything else is that the mother site TA has removed one achievement that was removed from a game on Xbox One.What was it, and was it before public availability of the game? I seem to remember something like that.Nope, it was a game out for like a year.
    The mother site has also reflected any kinds of changes that have appeared on the Xbox servers be in description changes or gamerscore allotments.
    Yea description and score changes I'll support any day, modifications to an achievement are different than gaining or losing achievement. This is gonna drive me nuts now, I vaguely remember an achievement being deleted but can't find what game it was.
  • AhayzoAhayzo6,589
    Posted on 18 January 16 at 18:44
    I found MGS V on the One, who had two achievements removed roughly at release because they didn't get removed before like they were supposed to, even though they had been left out of the other platforms. Not that they were even possible, from what I'm told (not that that normally has much relevance in discussion, but considering this special situation involves what do for people that unlocked them...)
  • karterfonekarterfone166,396
    Posted on 19 January 16 at 15:20
    TiCyrillou said:We discussed with some TSA friends about that and a good way to be fair would surely be some kind of "bonus points" for the players who unlocked these deleted achievements? (If it's able?)I think these should just be categorized as "orphaned" achievements. They would still be worth points to those who earned them, but wouldn't count towards completion.
  • DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 29 January 16 at 15:04
    mcnichoj said:They should be wiped, so many other achievements have been deleted prior to this site coming out so it would feel inconsistent.I guess all was said here...
    (others Steam Achievements websites already totally wiped them, just as Steam did, only TSA keep a useless trace about them...)
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • AhayzoAhayzo6,589
    Posted on 29 January 16 at 20:44
    What other Steam sites do should not, and hopefully does not, matter. If we go off of what other sites do, it would make sense to follow the standard set by the rest of the True sites. While removed achievements don't have a standard, we do have a flag specifically created for achievements that were once obtainable and aren't anymore. It doesn't matter why they aren't anymore, the Discontinued flag is exactly for situations like that.

However, based on a quote from one of the site devs that I thought I quoted upthread but apparently didn't, they already have a plan in mind they are looking into. That the plan wasn't explained tells me it isn't as simple as applying the DC flag, and isn't as plain as removing the achievements. It doesn't warrant a separate category of separated achievements, so I doubt that's it, and it isn't DLC so separating it as such of course wouldn't make sense. Ignoring the final implications, I'm curious to see what they have in mind just out of curiosity now laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads