Game Discussion: Age of Empires II (2013)

Deleted Achievements

• DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 31 January 16 at 12:28
    Alklein92201 said:
    While removed achievements don't have a standard, we do have a flag specifically created for achievements that were once obtainable and aren't anymore. It doesn't matter why they aren't anymore, the Discontinued flag is exactly for situations like that
    In fact it's very different from a no-longer available achievements! The reason is that the no-longer available but still existing achievements are still existing on Steam. And they are still counted in your achievements in your profile!
    And the Age Of Empires 2 achievements are exactly NOT the same!!! They no longer exist, even on Steam, it's totally stupid to keep them on this site! It will result in a bigger number of unlocked achievements in TSA than on Steam. We want this site to count EACH steam achievements! But not more!! Especially achievements that don't exist on Steam!! wink
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • mcnichojmcnichoj38,535
    Posted on 31 January 16 at 14:23
    I said this in a another thread about the matter but I'll repeat it here, if it's removed then it can't be scanned for by new users.
    It will result in new users making threads "how come so and so has the achievement unlocked but I don't?" and plenty of similar headaches.
  • VeilorVeilor53,752
    Posted on 31 January 16 at 14:32
    mcnichoj said:I said this in a another thread about the matter but I'll repeat it here, if it's removed then it can't be scanned for by new users.
    It will result in new users making threads "how come so and so has the achievement unlocked but I don't?" and plenty of similar headaches.
    I don't see how this is different from how it is with discountinued/unobtainable achievements on the other sites. Removing deleted achievements should in my opinion only apply to broken achievements no one could achieve in the first place and later was removed.
  • alphabetalphabet824,610
    Posted on 31 January 16 at 15:46
    I have to agree with TiCyrillou. If they don't exist on Steam, they shouldn't exist here. Whether people got them previously is irrelevant. Discountinued achievements are a different matter. They may not be achievable, but at least they're still on Steam.
    I think the information on the site should accurately reflect what's on Steam.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj38,535
    Posted on 31 January 16 at 17:15
    Veilor said:mcnichoj said:I said this in a another thread about the matter but I'll repeat it here, if it's removed then it can't be scanned for by new users.
    I don't see how this is different from how it is with discountinued/unobtainable achievements on the other sites. Removing deleted achievements should in my opinion only apply to broken achievements no one could achieve in the first place and later was removed.
    It's drastically different in that people that may have obtained a discontinued achievement before joining this site could still have it scanned and the other part is that a discontinued achievement can always be patched or a workaround can be discovered.
    A number of Saw achievement in the Steam version of the game were believed to be completely broken until way after someone discovered that you could unlock the problem achievements by simply playing the game in a single sitting.
  • DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 14:06
    Veilor said:
    mcnichoj said:
    I said this in a another thread about the matter but I'll repeat it here, if it's removed then it can't be scanned for by new users.
    I guess you missed something...

To clarify :
    Imagine a new player that just registered on this site, he's scanning his profile for the 1st time:
    All its achievements will be added on TSA, even all no-longer winnable achievements (but still existing on Steam), like this:
    Counter-Strike: SourceValve Gift Grab 2011 – CS:SThe Valve Gift Grab 2011 – CS:S achievement in Counter-Strike: Source worth 24 pointsCollect three gifts dropped by opponents.

Now, imagine he already won all the achievements in AoE2, even those deleted on Steam, like this one:
    Age of Empires II (2013)Legend among the PersiansThe Legend among the Persians achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsOne thousand victories commanding the Persians! You have mastered every strategy and tactic employed by the Persians and created several that will be named after you in the future. You are forever a legend.

As this achievement no-longer exists on Steam, it won't be added to his TSA profile!!!
    EVEN IF HE ALREADY UNLOCKED THIS!! IT'S TOTALLY ABSURD!

To conclude, 100% AoE on Steam is still possible because 0 achievement except "Dark Age Rush" is no-longer available.
    But to 100% AoE on TSA, you HAD TO REGISTER ON TSA EARLY ENOUGH! Even if you already unlocked all the previously existing achievements on Steam...
    facepalm Seems totally stupid!
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 14:13
    I hope we all brought enough justifications to clarify this specific case.
    It's hard to believe that these achievements could be kept on TSA!
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • VeilorVeilor53,752
    Posted on 01 February 16 at 16:43
    Making a second post wasn't needed to get your point out.
  • DarukDaruk178,161
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 07:08
    Thanks for finally clearing this game!
    It still exists on TSA 2 no-longer existing ahcievements anyway:
    Age of Empires II (2013)Master of the Medieval WorldThe Master of the Medieval World achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Successful leaders use many techniques to build their empires. Your careful study of the greatest of these men and women has given you new powers and abilities to build future empires.

Age of Empires II (2013)Forgotten Campaign CompletedThe Forgotten Campaign Completed achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 10 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Forgotten Expansion. Successful leaders use many techniques to build their empires. Your careful study of the greatest of these men and women has given you new powers and abilities to build future empires.

Because, now, they're replaced by:
    Age of Empires II (2013)Master of the Medieval WorldThe Master of the Medieval World achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 28 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Successful leaders use many techniques to build their empires. Your careful study of the greatest of these men and women has given you new powers and abilities to build future empires.

Age of Empires II (2013)Master of the Forgotten WorldThe Master of the Forgotten World achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 40 pointsYou have successfully completed all of the story campaigns of Age of Empires II: The Forgotten Expansion. Through your trials and successes in these clashes of arms, you surely have mastered all spheres of empire-building and rule, and are ready to start building your own legend. “Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal: But the good name never dies of one who has done well.” -Havamal (Poetic Edda 1220)

Thanks for your (according to me: GOOD!) decision! smile
    ----- TiCyrillou a.k.a. Darûk
  • UzzbuzzUzzbuzz369,538
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 20:33
    I believe it is still taking into account the deleted achievements on the comparison screen. It is a minor text issue, as it is not affecting % in the game anymore, but I'll post it for reference.

http://puu.sh/wzbos/9180dbe04b.png
  • LionQLionQ15,764
    Posted on 26 August 17 at 11:05
    Why does every AoE2 achievement show up six times and why does AoE II: HD show up twice on my profile?
  • LionQLionQ15,764
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads