Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Game doesn't show up in my games

• Posted on 09 February 16 at 05:08, Edited on 11 February 16 at 05:23 by Spieludicka
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux shows in my feed but doesn't show in my games page Spieludicka's Games and isn't listed as completed on the Platform Summary
  • Posted on 09 February 16 at 23:30
    Looks like your steam profile is set to private and so the site can't scan and update your profile.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,960
    Posted on 09 February 16 at 23:33, Edited on 09 February 16 at 23:36 by Spilner
    Nope, looks like you've accidently hidden it, go to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Achievements and press the 'Game action' button under the game's tile and then 'Restore to My Games and Session Calendar'
    Its that guy from the thing in the place.
  • Posted on 11 February 16 at 05:19, Edited on 11 February 16 at 05:32 by Spieludicka
    WTH, I never even knew you could hide it, what a stupid mistake :/ I'm sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out
    Edit: ok... that wasn't it. It was unclicked actually. I don't know what else it could be.
    Is it cause of the different versions of the game? There's the original and the Redux one. Steam only has a store page for the original. But they're 2 separate sets of achievements.

Edit 2: I clicked on the games page of someone else who finished the game, looked for the game, and it wasn't there either. Only the original Ethan Carter game: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Achievements
    you see the Redux version is this one: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Achievements
    So it seems to be a problem with the game.

I changed my profile privacy a couple of times yes, last time I set it to public but I still get a "-" sign on the forum, probably just takes time to update
  • SpilnerSpilner1,960
  • Posted on 11 February 16 at 08:13, Edited on 11 February 16 at 08:19 by Spieludicka
    Like I said Spieludicka said:The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux shows in my feed but doesn't show in my games page Spieludicka's Games and isn't listed as completed on the Platform Summaryand for example it doesn't show up on this person's Games list either: ryanbeck117's Games
    (Just someone I randomly clicked from the completed page of the game)
    You can see The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on their Games page but not the Redux version. This person is listed as one of the gamers who completed the Redux version too so they should have the Redux version on their Games page, understand?
    I only played the Redux version so none are on my Games page.
  • VeilorVeilor53,750
    Posted on 11 February 16 at 10:06
    It would help if your profile stayed public.
  • Posted on 11 February 16 at 11:42, Edited on 11 February 16 at 11:50 by Spieludicka
    That's what I did the last time, I dont know wth is going on with it, but also
    Spieludicka said:and for example it doesn't show up on this person's Games list either: ryanbeck117's Games
    (Just someone I randomly clicked from the completed page of the game)
    You can see The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on their Games page but not the Redux version. This person is listed as one of the gamers who completed the Redux version too so they should have the Redux version on their Games page, understand?
    I only played the Redux version so none are on my Games page.
    Are people just feeling lazy about reading my posts?

Requested another scan, now my chievo points show but of course those things have nothing to do with the problem as the issue is with the game *points to previous post*
  • alphabetalphabet824,530
    Posted on 11 February 16 at 13:38, Edited on 11 February 16 at 13:38 by alphabet
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with your profile privacy settings.

I looked at some other people and they didn't have the Redux in their game collection either, so it's not a problem unique to you, and seems to affect games given away for 'free' - Ether One Redux seems to have the same problem (Unfortunately I can't think of any more that fit into this scenario).
    I have the same problem too, the game is supposedly in my collection, but doesn't appear on the My Game Collection page. I haven't played the game yet, but that doesn't seem to matter.

I can't provide you with a solution as there probably isn't one, it's a problem with the site.
  • Posted on 18 May 16 at 08:07
    Is this being looked into?
  • Reset42Reset42120,742
    Posted on 01 April 19 at 03:56
    This still seems to be an issue. I'm seeing it with :

Ethan Carter Redux
    Pandemic the board game
    Rising Storm 2 Vietnam CTB
    Wasteland 2 Directors Cut

Option to remove from game collection is present in the pulldown on the game page, but these games are not showing in the game collection at all. They are present in the 'easy achievements list'
  • FlippolFlippol111,018
    Posted on 01 April 19 at 08:25
    OK, see if they are there now.
  • Reset42Reset42120,742
    Posted on 01 April 19 at 19:15
    Thanks! Whatever you did worked :)
    All four games are now listed in my game collection.
  • Reset42Reset42120,742
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads