Posted on 11 April 18 at 12:24
    Nice post, didn't even hear about this change! wink
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,921
    Posted on 11 April 18 at 13:09, Edited on 11 April 18 at 13:09 by JMJimmy
    TSA = tutorial on how to fix the settings

Steam Spy = "omg the sky is falling & we're shutting down"
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 11 April 18 at 13:16
    Steam Spy is shutting down because the way it acquires data is no longer reliable.

TSA is opt-in anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
  • shezzorshezzor221,163
    Posted on 11 April 18 at 21:08, Edited on 11 April 18 at 21:09 by shezzor
    If anyone cares, this change is primarily around the new European data privacy laws which come into effect in May. So all companies that trade there will need to make similar changes if they haven't already :)
  • luchaosluchaos90,343
    Posted on 13 April 18 at 11:19
    fyi: the checkbox has to be ticked twice to actually be registered as unchecked - the default seems to be checked but it doesn't show.
  • transyotransyo23,852
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 17:56
    Thanks for this, didn't see this as I haven't been able to get online recently.
    Seán
  • KugsenKugsen9,406
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 22:36
    Whenever I try to change it to public, when I come back to the screen it goes back to friends... Annoying.
  • Posted on 24 April 18 at 22:11
    Kugsen said:
    Whenever I try to change it to public, when I come back to the screen it goes back to friends... Annoying.
    Same thing is happening for me cry
  • OvcharskiOvcharski44,065
    Posted on 28 April 18 at 13:17
    I was wondering why I don't see new achievements here. Thank you
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 13:39
    thanks for the info
  • Posted on 11 May 18 at 14:19
    I have changed the settings and it's working for me
  • Lucas BuckLucas Buck38,190
    Posted on 12 May 18 at 23:37
    Titanium Dragon said:
    Steam Spy is shutting down because the way it acquires data is no longer reliable.
    That's disappointing. I've always found their site useful and interesting. Shame.
  • PuniduePunidue16,871
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 11:41
    Kugsen said:
    Same, did you manage to get it working?
  • CauseCause2,283
    Posted on 27 June 18 at 20:56, Edited on 29 June 18 at 08:36 by Cause
    Nothing is showing at all in my privacy settings, weird.

Edit: I got it to work, it was being weird in IE is all.
    Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
  • Posted on 03 December 18 at 13:14
    This still isn't working for me. Started a new account, I have followed these steps, unchecked a million times, and it just won't sync me. I only have one game with achievements (Project Eagle.)
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth360,648
    Posted on 03 December 18 at 13:18
    No_Heroes_94 said:
    This still isn't working for me. Started a new account, I have followed these steps, unchecked a million times, and it just won't sync me. I only have one game with achievements (Project Eagle.)
    It looks like you might have a limited account as it's new. Please check here for more information about limited accounts:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAG...
  • Posted on 03 December 18 at 14:54
    thirtysmooth said:
    No_Heroes_94 said:
    It looks like you might have a limited account as it's new. Please check here for more information about limited accounts:

That doesn't make any sense because I've spent around £20 in games (Fallout, Subsurface, Quarantine and Battlestations). Thanks though, any other advice?
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth360,648
    Posted on 03 December 18 at 21:27
    No_Heroes_94 said:
    thirtysmooth said:
    No_Heroes_94 said:

That doesn't make any sense because I've spent around £20 in games (Fallout, Subsurface, Quarantine and Battlestations). Thanks though, any other advice?
    Your account should be up-and-running now.
  • Posted on 06 March 19 at 00:11
    looking for some help. i have done what the article says and even purchased some games on steam but i still cant get the site to recognize any games i have played
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads