Bug Reports Archive

An archive for the Bug Reports forum

Game showing disabled achievements

• Fixed
  • WebChimp UK
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 December 15 at 21:20
    I'm currently seeing one game, Shan Gui, where there are 3 achievements listed that are no longer live. According to Steam, I have all of the achievements, but according to TrueSteamAchievements I am missing those 3.

The three achievements are
    At Your Service
    Flowing Time
    From the Beginning to the End

I believe that the dev has changed the active achievements at least 2 or 3 times in the past.

Should disabled achievements show up, preventing "completion" on TSA?
  • JackJack7,899
    Posted on 16 December 15 at 13:16
    Ah, this is quite an odd case, but is something that we thought might crop up. We have a way to account for it, but we need to way up the pros and cons first. We'll have some more information in the near future. smile
  • PixiePixie145,271
    Posted on 16 December 15 at 17:13
    Just to add to that list, FaeVerse Alchemy also has the now-defunct "This Is Chaos" achievement on TSA. It was removed and replaced with Chaos Awakens a while back.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 December 15 at 13:13
    Jack said:Ah, this is quite an odd case, but is something that we thought might crop up. We have a way to account for it, but we need to way up the pros and cons first. We'll have some more information in the near future. smileSomething that bears mentioning in the case of Shan Gui at least, because the dev removed the achievements no one can 100% the game on TSA if they aren't removed here. And many of us did earn those achievements before they were removed and TSA isn't going to see that. Devs removing and adding achievements is also far more common on Steam than it is on XBL and PSN, especially with early access games.

I do think in cases where the issue has caused no one to be able to complete the game, they should go. In cases where they get removed months from now, if you guys opt not to remove them, maybe consider a separate section so everyone who plays the game can complete the game, but people who played and got achievements that later were removed can have some bonus points (the same could be done for known broken achievements since some get broken in later updates). That would be the fairest way to handle not removing them because it would be unfair to people who play later that they can't complete the game on here because some achievements are listed and don't exist on Steam and that does hurt some stats here.
  • BainsolBainsol86,736
    Posted on 21 December 15 at 16:27
    Another game showing a now disabled Achievement is Pixel Piracy. I have 100% on it but the game still shows an old achievement called "MERRY CHRISTMAS 2014!" : Have your captain wear the seasonal item set.
  • PixiePixie145,271
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 14:05, Edited on 09 January 16 at 14:05 by Pixie
    Another one for this - Assetto Corsa has 347 achievements here and 345 on Steam, though I'm not sure which ones are the extra/removed ones.
  • kartonagekartonage127,058
    Posted on 11 January 16 at 17:43
    0RBITALIS is one of those too, the Milky Way achievement got recently removed from the game due to not working right but it's still shown here.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 16 at 18:02
    Age of Empires II is another one. Something that I suggested is why not add bonus to these games. Rather than deleting the achievements that way people who earned the achievement before they got deleted can still display them proudly, and it will still allow new members to complete them.

Age II thread: Deleted Achievements
  • Posted on 16 January 16 at 20:14
    that happened to me on shower with your dad simulater it ses I have them all now they sent me a message saying I have been reported of cheating for them I swear some people in this world are just thick as fuck
    SHIT
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 January 16 at 12:28, Edited on 17 January 16 at 12:35 by
    Into The War Achievements has only ever had one actively obtainable achievement since its release on Early Access (it has since been removed as it was abandoned) yet TSA shows it has more,
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 February 16 at 14:27
    GabeN The Final Decision Achievements

GabeN: The Final Decision currently only has 13 achievements. All the "Don't Screw Up" ones and "Uninstall" never worked and so the dev opted to remove those. Since they were never possible to earn these really should be deleted entirely.
  • alphabetalphabet823,130
    Posted on 07 February 16 at 14:55
    Only admins can remove achievements and they seem reluctant to remove any achievement. Or hopefully, they're too occupied with something else.
  • piperprinxpiperprinx88,877
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 16:36, Edited on 24 August 16 at 16:36 by piperprinx
    The Solus Project:

Overcooked
    Charge
    Been there done that
    Candle Craver

should be removed
  • nonhorationnonhoration131,745
  • Information
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 17:10
    This post was archived by Nomstuff
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads