Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Ideas regarding Steam integration

• RebornReborn75,221
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 20:40, Edited on 17 February 16 at 17:58 by Reborn
    Hey everyone,

I had a few ideas that I think would benefit the site (If they aren't already in the works).

I think a few of the Steam features should be integrated or somehow represented here on the site, whether it be with leaderboards, badges, etc.

1.) I think there should be a link on your gamerpage that links to your Steam profile link hidden

This is helpful when people want to add you for sessions or just to have friends on Steam. Since Steam doesn't have a limit on usernames it makes searching for someone specific nearly impossible without having a direct link to their profile. (Myself and 30 others could change our name to TrueSteamAchievement)

2.) Steam has "Badges" for any game that has Steam Trading Cards. I think these should be displayed here somewhere as they can be sort of an achievement on their own depending on how expensive / rare the badges are. These badges are also how you level up your Steam profile, which I think should also be displayed. (Would love to see a Steam Level: 96 on my gamercard/TSA profile.)

3.) I would also like to suggest a Steam Screenshot hub here on site. I love taking aesthetic screenshots to use them as desktop wallpapers and would LOVE having a personal hub/gallery I could show off smile

There is only one problem I see with this. You would need to add a feature that allows the user to flag their screenshots as possible NSFW. Some Steam games have some rather lewd but not nude moments. Mainly Virtual Novels or Anime games.

Here are a few examples of my screenshot work: wink

Example 1 - Skyrim
    Example 2 - Tormentum Dark Sorrow
    Example 3 - Mirror's Edge
    Example 4 - Life is Strange

Example of a "lewd but NOT nude" screenshot - Sakura Spirit

EDIT:

4.) Fourth suggestion here. I think we should also slap a huge label on users who are VAC Banned on their account. Vac Bans are a permanent mark on a user who has been caught hacking or cheating on multiplayer games using 3rd party software. So a large VAC BANNED in red should be displayed on their gamerpage.
  • RebornReborn75,221
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 20:43
    Just noticed there is a "Steam Page" option in the "Gamer" dropdown on your home page facepalm
  • Posted on 16 October 15 at 20:46, Edited on 16 October 15 at 20:46 by Kennyannydenny
    Your first suggestion is already here. If you use the "gamer" drop down menu below someone's picture you can go to their Steam page smile

[EDIT]
    Lol you already noticed ^^
  • RebornReborn75,221
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 21:02
    EDIT! Added suggestion #4
  • Posted on 17 October 15 at 00:12
    Nothing major, but the controller icons for solutions will need to be updated to...erm... keyboard icons?
    c[_]
  • Posted on 17 October 15 at 00:29
    Large Coffee said:Nothing major, but the controller icons for solutions will need to be updated to...erm... keyboard icons?Prolly just add the mouse buttons really, a lot of people use a 360 controller for Steam games.
  • Posted on 18 October 15 at 03:48
    If VAC bans can be immediately picked up, that would save the inevitable Investigations Team a ton of time. +1 from me.
  • RebornReborn75,221
    Posted on 19 October 15 at 18:52, Edited on 19 October 15 at 21:35 by Reborn
    Bump
  • Posted on 19 October 15 at 19:07
    Don't bump please.
  • L4DANathanL4DANathan153,949
    Posted on 19 October 15 at 21:17
    I like all of your suggestions, VAC ban displays would be immensely helpful in regards to choosing boosting partners, screenshot hub could work very similarly to the XBone's vid/screenshot integration on TA, and we could have two seperate trophy cases, one for badges and one for achievements. In addition, there should also probably be a My Badges listing either similar to the My Games page, or perhaps next to the relevant game in the My Games page.
  • Vermin360Vermin3603,799
    Posted on 21 October 15 at 14:36
    It may also be beneficial if we could use the screenshot links from directly in Steam (ie http://steamcommunity.com/id/vermin360/screenshot/6398685201...) to post screenshots into solutions, rather than have to upload them to another CMS and link from there. I guess the issue arises from the fact that the Steam links don't end with an image extension.
  • Posted on 21 October 15 at 14:57
    really like the ideas in this thread and I don't see any reason why we couldn't implement all of them.

Just give us a week or two smile
  • Posted on 21 October 15 at 15:45
    Geoffistopheles said:If VAC bans can be immediately picked up, that would save the inevitable Investigations Team a ton of time. +1 from me.Vac ban =/= achievement cheating
  • RebornReborn75,221
    Posted on 21 October 15 at 17:23
    TrueSteamAchievement said:really like the ideas in this thread and I don't see any reason why we couldn't implement all of them.

Just give us a week or two smile
    Awesome! Thanks Rich toast
    Nice
  • RebornReborn75,221
    Posted on 19 January 16 at 18:45
    Any word on any of this? I hate to necro-post.
    http://tinyurl.com/losmn7d
  • FlippolFlippol111,022
    Posted on 21 September 17 at 18:56
    I would really love to see these implemented as well.
  • Posted on 14 December 17 at 07:15
    Geoffistopheles said:
    If VAC bans can be immediately picked up, that would save the inevitable Investigations Team a ton of time. +1 from me.
    +1
    >> I'm not a player, I'm a gamer <<
  • Posted on 04 February 18 at 02:20
    +1 These are all amazing suggestions! I would love to put my Skyrim Daedric Badge on the site :)
    Respect and Embrace Humility. Et Respicias Humilitatem Amplecti.
  • Posted on 16 February 18 at 20:28, Edited on 16 February 18 at 20:28 by TSA Patrick
    Adding Vac Ban status doesn't really help the IT with their work

Users who have been using SAM (Which isn't VAC Bannable) cannot be found through there VAC Bans, of course this means that the player is a huge issue in the community. They would be watched and or punished if needed.

I had the idea of adding something that when the Scanner detects a VAC Banned account, they search for unobtainable achievements after a certain date (After they were removed) then the Scanner sends a report like this

Scanner [Scanner Number] has detected an account registered as [account name] with multiple unobtainable achievements

Call of Duty: Black Ops II MultiplayerBig LeaguesThe Big Leagues achievement in Call of Duty: Black Ops II Multiplayer worth 42 pointsWin 5 multiplayer League Play games after being placed in a division.
    [date that marked the achievement unobtainable] doesn't match with the date [date that the user unlocked the achievement]
    If the user has obtained multiple the list would be longer, but that was just a little preview. This would not only scan for VAC Bans but would do an in-depth search of the account because they now have a record of using Third-Party Software much like Steam Achievement Manager (SAM).

The IM could do what he pleases with the user, untracking the users achievements or whatever they decide.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads