A week has passed since our release to early access and we think it is time to do a status update. So far we have received minor bug reports, suggestions to fix game-balance, and a few mandatory crash reports. But overall the response have been overwhelmingly positive! So, while we keep hunting bugs, we believe that Utopia 9 - A Volatile Vacation
is ready for new features!
We have gathered all the best parts of your feedback and tried to accommodate it to our first real upgrade. Here is a list of the most important features (and fixes of course) you can expect in this new update:Dynamic Enemy Gear
• Gear of enemies are dynamically generated. This allows a much wider range of enemies to fight against. It also means much harder enemies later on and means a lot more weapons are available to the enemy mutants.Gameplay
• Smartgun spends less ammo from ammo pickups.
• Health and ammo pickups flattened awarding more health and ammo early on.
• Reduced projectile speed of many Rusty weapons.
• Reduced aim prediction of Boss and increased his health.
• Ability to set up custom key bindings. This is still work in progress but is a prerequisite for Controller support. Hopefully we will have controllers up and running very soon!
• Gasoline glands now stun when damaging.
• Improved enemy looting algorithm.Visual
• Nemesis items are visible on the world map.
• New evolve sequence for mutants killing you.
• All levels are oriented the same way now.Audio
• Updated sound effects to fit new evolve sequence.
• Neon-lights in interiors are now audible.