Due to certain sad and lamentable instabilities in our ADOM R61 (2.0.0) release we decided to quickly follow up with ADOM R62 (2.0.1). For those plagued by bugs on Steam in the R61 (version 2.0.0) release we are happy to announce that:
• Alt-tabbing and shift-tabbing no longer should cause any problems.
• There no longer should be any hangs when leaving the game unobserved in the background.
• Reading spellbooks no longer should cause any NotEye problems. Right-clicking on altars no longer should cause problems.
We also already fine-tuned some minor functionalities. The most important additions are:
• use tool now is more intelligent: When you have no tool equipped it lets you select an item to use from your backpack (this is the first step to reduce the number of keys a new player will need to know - the second step with the next release will be to allow many uses, e.g. eating, drinking, etc. directly).
• The 'explore unknown areas' command (w?) now also is bound to '-' (minus) to make it much more accessible. I already have become addicted and also have noticed a couple of areas where it should be made more intelligent (e.g. when discovering monsters and items; also something to do for the next step).
• Additionally exploration mode now offers a wand of wishing with 42 wishes as people complained about our tough limit of 4. We live to please ;-)
As usual you can find the list of changes here
The full blog announcement can be found here
In case you are more happy with R62 than with R61 we also would be happy if you adjust reviews :-)
Thanks and now go playing and enjoy the game!