PC gamers have just gotten their hands on the "Victory Is Life" expansion for Star Trek Online
, and we have all of the details, as well as the launch trailer and screenshots.
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
, the expansion takes players onto the legendary starbase. Badly damaged by the Hur’q, an invading force from the Gamma Quadrant, captains now have to come up with a plan to prevent further damage and defend the starbase from any more incursions. Originally advertised as six episodes, the new story arc actually takes place across seven new episodes throughout which players will meet a variety of the starbase's crew members and inhabitants:
- Quark (Armin Shimerman)
- Odo (René Auberjonois)
- Kira Nerys (Nana Visitor)
- Doctor Julian Bashir (Alexander Siddig)
- Rom (Max Grodénchik)
- Elim Garak (Andrew Robinson)
- Captain Nog (Aron Eisenberg)
- Weyoun (Jeffrey Combs)
- Martok (J.G. Hertzler)
- Leeta (Chase Masterson)
- Female Changeling (Salome Jens)
- Elder First Dukan Rex (Bumper Robinson)
As well as the new storyline, there will be a new Jem’Hadar playable faction, Gamma Quadrant Battlezone gameplay feature, and a redesigned interior for Deep Space Nine. You can find more details on each of these features below before taking a look at the expansion in action in the launch trailer.
- Playable Jem’Hadar Faction – For the first time in Star Trek Online history, players can become a Jem’Hadar - genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees and R&D progress.
- Level Cap Increase – Star Trek Online’s level cap has been increased to 65, for captains of all factions.
- Gamma Quadrant Sector Space Battlezone – This all-new Battlezone allows players to explore the depths of the Gamma Quadrant, where they will complete missions and receive notifications about incoming Hur’q attacks. A new quadrant map will show Captains where they can rendez-vous to fight off the enemy and earn rewards for participating, including experience, expertise, Gamma marks and dilithium.
- Deep Space Nine Revamp – Fans of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will be thrilled to learn that they can explore the original DS9 space station, as it appears in the original television series. The Star Trek Online team has spent months pouring over the show’s set schematics to recreate the starbase’s interior in the game.
- Swarm Queue – Players can participate in a new five-player, co-op space queue that tasks Captains with defending Dominion refugees from a ravenous Hur’q swarm.
- Gamma Task Force Reputation – This new addition to the Reputation System represents a coalition of forces formed to battle enemies hailing from the Gamma Quadrant. It will feature all new traits, kits modules, space/ground equipment sets, ground armor and space visuals.
"Victory is Life" is available now.