Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Allow users to force-update specific games

• RudeyRudey204,562
    Posted on 01 March 16 at 13:30
    Please allow users to force-update games. I need this right now for a demo.

I completed Teslagrad's demo before this site existed, and now TSA doesn't realize I played the game. I know the scanner can only pick these demos up when your profile gets updated within 2 weeks of playing the demo, and just re-booting the demo fixes the issue. But some demo's (like Teslagrad's) can't be downloaded again when you already own the full game.

If I could force TSA to scan for achievements for Teslagrad's demo, I would be able to manually solve these kind of issues with demo's. I know this is possible to implement, the Steam API is able to return which achievements you earned and which you didn't, even for demos that normally don't show up in your "owned games" list.

So, if users were allowed to make TSA scan a game's achievements, even for games TSA doesn't know the user owns, we could manually solve these kind of errors.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,690
    Posted on 01 March 16 at 19:02
    You can however idle the demo by using the appID trick, Use TF2 or any Valve game, open the steamID file, change the ID to the demo, boot the game from within the folder ~(not via steam, it'll fix itself)

and that'll allow you to idle the demo to scan it here.
  • RudeyRudey204,562
    Posted on 02 March 16 at 08:32
    Wow, never heard of that trick. I'm going to try that out soon, thanks!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads