Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Daily scan limit

• Posted on 18 July 20 at 11:03, Edited on 18 July 20 at 11:05 by HellRider
    Hi. A weird thing happened yesterday - after scanning 3-4 times yesterday within maybe 45 minutes, I started to see the
    Daily scan limit reached - Go Pro to unlock more!
    Now, it's a new day (at least in my time zone that I was scanning in) and I still can see the message, and more, I clearly remember having the achievements scanned even 8 times on a single afternoon in the past.

What's going on?
    I tried to find any FAQ at all, there did not appear to exist any.
    Is that explained anywhere at all?
  • KodingKoding49,813
    Posted on 18 July 20 at 11:40
    The way the scanners work is non-Pro users are scanned once a day. Non-pro users also get 3 forced scans in a 24 hour period. So if you used all 3 within 45 minutes, you would not be eligible to get another forced scan until 24 hours after the first one.

And sorry, we don't have a FAQ here. But our sister site, TrueAchievements, does and the scanner works the same way over there. Here is a link to their FAQ:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1...
    75 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 4,300 achievements and trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • Posted on 18 July 20 at 11:56
    Thank you, that's what I wanted to know.
  • Posted on 19 July 20 at 20:47, Edited on 19 July 20 at 21:32 by HellRider
    Koding said:
    Quoting you hoping you'd get notified.

The follow-up question (thought I would not open another thread) is:
    how much time do I need to wait to scan after I switch my privacy settings on steam from friends-only to public?

Just waited few minutes now and it "Scanned" but did not update anything.
    I ensured it's not the Steam's API caching as steamgifts updated successfully a minute before scanning here.

I wasted 1 of the 3 scans this way. It's not the first time it happens, it's annoying.
    It's apparently some sort of caching either on TSA or on one of the mid-platforms you guys may use. Misconfigured Cloudflare can be an issue here.
  • KodingKoding49,813
    Posted on 20 July 20 at 11:28
    HellRider said:
    how much time do I need to wait to scan after I switch my privacy settings on steam from friends-only to public?
    Well, according to your scanner page (https://truesteamachievements.com/scanner.aspx?scanner=TSA+S...), you were scanned 6 minutes after this post and 17 new achievements were seen. So it looks like it was working.

However, now looking at your SteamDB page (https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561198056346645/?cc=us), all of your privacy settings are back on. No further achievements will be scanned in until your settings are set like the article stated.
    75 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 4,300 achievements and trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • Posted on 20 July 20 at 11:52, Edited on 20 July 20 at 11:57 by HellRider
    Koding said:
    I appreciate your answer, however...
    I believe it was clear from my post that I switch from private to public before scanning.
    I also asked something completely different, please revise my previous message, I won't copy the question to maintain the clarity in the thread.

As per the scans, I also scanned before posting here, which was long after I changed the privacy settings to public. Both the Steam and Steamgifs recognized it, TSA did not.

TSA Scanner 4 Yesterday at 21:53:40 HellRider Y 17 5 Y - worked
    TSA Scanner 4 Yesterday at 21:40:58 HellRider Y 4 Y - failed to recognize it
    Changed the steam settings from private to public yesterday around 21:35:00
    That then was just yet another time it happened, something is off.

I won't exaggerate if I say that literally every single site ever that required to read my steam profile, worked immediately after changing the privacy settings. TSA is the first and the only site I've encountered that has an abnormal delay there.
  • FlippolFlippol110,764
    Posted on 20 July 20 at 21:54
    HellRider said:
    Koding said:
    I believe it was clear from my post that I switch from private to public before scanning.
    I also asked something completely different, please revise my previous message, I won't copy the question to maintain the clarity in the thread.

As per the scans, I also scanned before posting here, which was long after I changed the privacy settings to public. Both the Steam and Steamgifs recognized it, TSA did not.

I won't exaggerate if I say that literally every single site ever that required to read my steam profile, worked immediately after changing the privacy settings. TSA is the first and the only site I've encountered that has an abnormal delay there.
    I checked your profile and it appears that your games are still set on private.

I also double checked with SteamDB - and you are indeed still private.
  • StormieStormie90,363
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 02:43
    Flippol said:
    HellRider said:
    Koding said:

I checked your profile and it appears that your games are still set on private.

I also double checked with SteamDB - and you are indeed still private.
    It's pretty obvious he's turning his profile to public to get scanned and once the scan is complete, setting it to private again. So you guys are looking at the wrong issue. He's wondering why there is a delay between setting it to public and it registering as such on his scans, as he is burning a forced scan because of it.
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 09:48
    Stormie said:
    Stormie - the one guy who gets it. Praise you.
  • Posted on 26 July 20 at 12:17, Edited on 26 July 20 at 18:49 by HellRider
    As of a week ago the question remains unanswered.

EDIT: Changed the steam profile to public again, verified with steamgifts that it can read it at 19:17:
    Success. Synced with Steam.
    Then synced TSA at 19:18
    ACH 0
    ANNOYING! It's clearly some sort of caching on your side.
  • Posted on 07 August 20 at 10:40, Edited on 07 August 20 at 10:42 by HellRider
    Well, it's been nearly three weeks since I asked for help in the Site Help forum.

It is now fair to assume either (or both) of the following:
    1. You look like you have no clue what's happening or why it's happening, in the thread.
    2. You look like ignoring inconvenient requests for help.

Good day, don't bother.

You can close the thread as unsolved.
  • RederdexRederdex236,828
    Posted on 21 August 20 at 16:16
    I doubt it's a lack of knowledge or them ignoring you... I think it's more of a lack of admin/mods to actually help you with the actual probelm
  • Posted on 11 April 21 at 12:14
    Close to 9 months later the problem remains not fixed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads