Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

G score?

• FalconFalcon64,948
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 20:19
    Hello,

I’m browsing TSA and I noticed the G score next to TSA score. What’s the G score? I do not see it next to the achievements.
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth362,704
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 22:03
    The G is a knockback from TSA's sister site, TA. It's short for 'Gamerscore'. As Steam achievements don't have a base value like the Xbox platform. TSA applies a base value of 10 per achievement (except for achievements that are classed as spam).

In your case, you've earned 2,371 achievements. Times this by 10 and you have your base score (or G) which equals 23,710.
  • FalconFalcon64,948
    Posted on 11 June 20 at 08:36
    Thanks!
  • tyl0413tyl041334,970
    Posted on 24 March 21 at 16:17
    thirtysmooth said:
    The G is a knockback from TSA's sister site, TA. It's short for 'Gamerscore'. As Steam achievements don't have a base value like the Xbox platform. TSA applies a base value of 10 per achievement (except for achievements that are classed as spam).

In your case, you've earned 2,371 achievements. Times this by 10 and you have your base score (or G) which equals 23,710.
    Just a thought, i always liked the Xbox Gamerscore system, would it be possible to maybe as an optional feature to have the xbox value of achievements applied to the steam ones for games that are on both platforms?
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth362,704
    Posted on 13 April 21 at 11:18
    tyl0413 said:
    thirtysmooth said:

Just a thought, i always liked the Xbox Gamerscore system, would it be possible to maybe as an optional feature to have the xbox value of achievements applied to the steam ones for games that are on both platforms?
    I don't think that'd work as it would cause inconsistencies with games that aren't on other platforms.
  • vizthexvizthex71,452
    Posted on 29 May 23 at 00:32, Edited on 29 May 23 at 00:35 by vizthex
    thirtysmooth said:

I always thought it was some kind of conversion + defaulting system, where it drew points from the xbox achievement list (if the game has one) and then applied that, and just used the 10 base value for games that didn't have an xbox port.

Not sure how I didn't notice it didn't work that way until just now lol.
    vizthex, Attempter of Achievements
  • vizthexvizthex71,452
    Posted on 29 May 23 at 00:34
    tyl0413 said:
    thirtysmooth said:

Yeah, I've always hoped that Steam would add this one day. Just a section on your profile header with your "achievement points" or whatever.

But now, I doubt they'll do it... would still be kinda neat though.
    vizthex, Attempter of Achievements
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads