Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Kill the spam and focus on achievements.

• RVallantRVallant274,012
    Posted on 28 September 19 at 11:48
    Genuinely think if you came here you'd think this was a shopping site. The main page and top news story is all steam sale roundups.

I keep getting inboxed nonsense about wishlisted items being on sale. Knock it off, there's other sites that do this better.

Surely there is better news to be showcasing on the front page related to achievements perhaps? New games, new 100% completion rates, first time 100% completions etc, not spamming what is essentially an advert for sales.

Then again, I'm guessing the site is just being maintained rather than developed. A shame, given that with the new Steam Beta there are some nice new features for achievements over on Steam now.
  • HahamanHahaman58,942
    Posted on 25 October 19 at 18:01
    I think the user base here is way too low at the moment.. Heck even truetrophies is just starting to get more users after so many years.. I think they need to advertise this site more to appeal to PC gamers
  • Posted on 05 June 20 at 15:44
    Old thread, I know. I think I also mentioned this elsewhere before. But if someone lands on the homepage here, plastered with ads, they'd be panicking that they were redirected to some hacking site trying to hijack their browser. It does not make a good first impression.

I'd also love to support the site by disabling adblock permanently, instead of just testing it occasionally. But not like this. (Long time pro subscriber over on TA though, for what it's worth.)
  • vizthexvizthex71,602
    Posted on 12 July 23 at 22:40
    Yeah, the homepage is kinda spammy. I never really noticed it before, but now I have and it's gonna bother me lol

There's sections for "hot games", new registrations, leaderboards, etc.

It should only show stuff relevant to the games you own imo
    vizthex, Attempter of Achievements
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads