Investigations Questions

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

Incredible amount of obvious cheaters

• Posted on 09 March 19 at 08:31
    I could ban 10 people an hour just by seeing those 1-minute completed games. I don't understand why investigations take so long. There are so many cheaters that it cheapens your website. Please take action. Start from the top of, course. I am even willing to put time on this myself. PM me if you need people. Many, many cases are so obvious. Complete no-brainers.

And to those who use SAM: what is the point? You think you're special because you are the first to "ace" a long game in 1 minute, when it takes hundreds of hours without cheating? It makes you feel amazing? I don't get it.
    PLATA O PLOMO
  • KodingKoding49,810
    Posted on 09 March 19 at 09:27
    Best thing to do when you see someone you suspect of doing something wrong is go to their home page. Under their pic on the left side is a button that says 'Gamer'. Drop that menu down and click on 'Report gamer'. This will take you to a page where you can leave a short description of what you believe the user did. The Investigations Manager and Investigations Team will take it from there and investigate them.
    59 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,200 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • Posted on 09 March 19 at 14:46, Edited on 09 March 19 at 14:48 by Army Veteran Gamer
    It always says "Already under investigation". A week, two weeks, three weeks later, they are still there. One of them is top 20. He has been "under investigation" for many weeks. He has tons of 1-minute games. And he continues to cheat, no problem. I see his name in most games I play, and of course he cleared them in 1 minute. I cannot report him once he has already been reported by someone else.
    PLATA O PLOMO
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 19:21
    Hi there,

Sorry that these are taking so long. We'll hopefully be completing all open investigations in the near future!
  • GiancarloGiancarlo261,960
    Posted on 09 October 19 at 22:40
    Some are very obvious, yet they are always "already under investigation".

Take a quick example:
    Warframe cannot be completed to 100%, because the content to get the last two mastery ranks has not yet been released(*). Yet on this site you can find some people that are so skilled that managed to get those ranks, 29 and 30, even if the content is not yet there. That should count as an achievement in itself :D .

WarframeMiddle MasterThe Middle Master achievement in Warframe worth 60 pointsAchieve the rank of Middle Master.

WarframeGrand MasterThe Grand Master achievement in Warframe worth 65 pointsAchieve the rank of Grand Master.

Seriously, an automated check on unattainable achievements would start removing the most obvious cheaters.

(*)Here are some external links to verify:
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank
    https://warframe.today/warframe-mastery-rank-test-guide/
  • Posted on 20 October 19 at 04:22, Edited on 20 October 19 at 04:23 by the Investigations Manager
    Giancarlo said:
    Some are very obvious, yet they are always "already under investigation".

Take a quick example:
    Warframe cannot be completed to 100%, because the content to get the last two mastery ranks has not yet been released(*). Yet on this site you can find some people that are so skilled that managed to get those ranks, 29 and 30, even if the content is not yet there. That should count as an achievement in itself :D .

WarframeMiddle MasterThe Middle Master achievement in Warframe worth 60 pointsAchieve the rank of Middle Master.

WarframeGrand MasterThe Grand Master achievement in Warframe worth 65 pointsAchieve the rank of Grand Master.

Seriously, an automated check on unattainable achievements would start removing the most obvious cheaters.

(*)Here are some external links to verify:
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank
    https://warframe.today/warframe-mastery-rank-test-guide/
    Unfortunately we don't have an automated system, but you're right that would be a good thing to have. If you do suspect someone of cheating, please use the report feature as well!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads