Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Achievements not updating

• TommyBoyTommyBoy219,543
    Posted on 15 April 18 at 19:14
    For the past week my achievements haven't been updating. I click the little green request update button and it does it's thing but when I load my profile, none of the new achievements I've earned for my games have shown up and my numbers are the exact same as they were before the update request. I know the problem isn't on my end so can this be fixed? On my Steam profile I have 31,319 achievements, on this site it says 31,221. So the update isn't working.
  • Posted on 15 April 18 at 23:40
    Probably new steam privacy settings. You’ll need to update them to make your account publicly visible again.
  • Posted on 15 April 18 at 23:41
    Yep, 100% that. I just checked your steam page and it shows no game information :-)
  • RebornReborn75,166
    Posted on 16 April 18 at 19:38
    As of April 10th, 2018 Steam has changed their Privacy Policy which may be affecting our ability to scan you. The details of this change and instructions on how to change your settings accordingly can be found here: Valve's Changes to Privacy Policy Affect Our Ability To Scan Your Games

Navigate to the Privacy Settings page on Steam and change the “Game details” option to “Public”. By default, this will have been set to “Friends Only”. Make sure the tickbox for “Always keep my total playtime private even if users can see my game details” remains unchecked.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Moderator, Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • TommyBoyTommyBoy219,543
    Posted on 17 April 18 at 04:12
    Thanks. Yea I knew about the new privacy settings on Steam but they never mentioned that you had to manually change your settings. I thought it did it automatically or kept my settings like they were.
  • Lucas BuckLucas Buck38,168
    Posted on 12 May 18 at 23:05, Edited on 12 May 18 at 23:35 by Lucas Buck
    Ah this must explain why I just did an update and it didn't work. I bet this affects a lot of people. Tut tut to Steam, changing user settings silently behind their backs!

edit - just saw the other thread in site news, seems Steam had to do it, to comply with some European law.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads