Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

"LOGistICAL" tracking

• AlgrethAlgreth256,122
    Posted on 21 February 18 at 12:18
    Why is the game "LOGistICAL" allowed to be tracked on this site? It has over 9000 achievements that are just given away for every little thing. With a total of like 275,000 TSA associated with the game, all rankings are horribly skewed by anyone with this title in their library. As a $100 achievement simulator, this doesn't seem like something that we should be seeing here.
  • Posted on 21 February 18 at 13:55
    Any game released on Steam that has achievements are added to TSA, some are removed from the site because Steam removes them from their store
  • daysocksdaysocks197,485
    Posted on 22 February 18 at 18:27
    Logistical may have "over 9000 achievements that are just given away for every little thing", but have you actually seen how much time they take to get? I have 247 hours in it and have 2883/9821. It's a gentle, time consuming puzzle game that just happens to have a lot of achievements. Take your judgement elsewhere.
  • Posted on 22 February 18 at 20:08
    daysocks said:
    Logistical may have "over 9000 achievements that are just given away for every little thing", but have you actually seen how much time they take to get? I have 247 hours in it and have 2883/9821. It's a gentle, time consuming puzzle game that just happens to have a lot of achievements. Take your judgement elsewhere.
    I just noticed that this is in the Help Section and not the Debate Chamber, which this shouldn't be here!

Also, the game does take quite sometime. People these days say that games with over 500 achievements are Spam Achievement Games
  • Posted on 23 February 18 at 00:24
    Algreth said:
    this doesn't seem like something that we should be seeing here.
    Subjectively removing certain games because we don't like them defeats the point of a website which tracks achievements.
  • Posted on 23 February 18 at 01:06
    said:
    Algreth said:
    this doesn't seem like something that we should be seeing here.
    Subjectively removing certain games because we don't like them defeats the point of a website which tracks achievements.
    This statement is truest of all, nothing can be removed unless there are multiple issues with Steam regarding the title or something arises that the developer doesn't want their title on TSA (Highly unlikely but it still happens)

If there are issues and you don't want to see LOG in your "My Threads" you can always remove the title from ever showing up in your "My Threads" page, or if you want to keep LOG in "My Threads" please don't shoot the game down. Like always, we are entitled to our own opinions right?
  • RVallantRVallant273,891
    Posted on 29 March 18 at 14:55
    It's not even a spam game.

Took me 130 hours to even complete the base game. And I wasn't good enough to 100% the base achievements by solving the puzzles efficiently.

Only the tutorial/introductory stages of a country could possibly pass as 'easy' achievements. The rest can be fiendishly difficult. Tasmania in Australia for example, held me up for many hours to try and complete.

Spam games just dump you achievements when you load it up. @_@
  • RVallantRVallant273,891
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 23:50
    Going to bump this to point out that on here:

All of LOGistICAL is considered a legitimate game, except for ABC Islands for whatever reason, which has somehow been flagged as spam. (I commented on the spam forum, but no reply, so whatever here we are:)

I've had a look at it - since it is a free module for the game, and yeah, good luck with getting any of those achievements as a traditional spam game. According to the dev, one of the best players for the game managed to finish the XMAS achievements (and ergo, the module) after 40 days of dedicated playing. - I dabbled with it, and I can see why, because the resources required to complete the module is in some cases, over a million - which would take days to do! laugh

As such, I do wonder how it is even counting as a spam achievement game, given there's no chance anyone is legitimately completing it within an hour or a day as per spam games.
  • Posted on 03 July 18 at 11:45
    Hell, they stopped tracking on the Logistical base game a few months ago.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads