The Debating Chamber

Forum for intelligent debate on possibly controversial topics related to gaming

SAM (SteamAchievementsManager)

• Posted on 06 February 18 at 00:37
    Hey Guys,

I was wondering everyone's opinion on the use of SAM to unlock unobtainable achievements?

Examples I can think of are the "Pay It Forward" achievement on Darksiders II and the "Big Leagues" achievement on Black Ops II: MP - There's some for L4D2 I believe.

Should these be allowed or should all cases be called to question due to the unfairness of those who actually got them when they weren't "broken".

Thanks
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth362,436
    Posted on 06 February 18 at 07:44
    TSA does not permit the use of SAM. Any indication that an achievement has been unlocked using said program will result in the removal of tracking on your profile.

It's true that some achievements cannot be unlocked legitimately. In such cases, we all just have to deal with the fact that the achievement cannot be unlocked and move on.
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 13:37
    I myself despise SAM because it is very cheap and doesn't benifit anything

Check out my Blog post
  • Posted on 06 February 18 at 18:55
    thirtysmooth said:
    TSA does not permit the use of SAM. Any indication that an achievement has been unlocked using said program will result in the removal of tracking on your profile.

It's true that some achievements cannot be unlocked legitimately. In such cases, we all just have to deal with the fact that the achievement cannot be unlocked and move on.
    Ah thanks for the info. Would the same occur if you used SAM to re-lock any achievements? It's just OCD seeing a game that'll never be completed ultimately effecting your completion record.... If it still isn't allowed then...muhh I'm just gonna have to grip it *sigh*... Least there's the remastered edition of Darksiders II without that stupid online achievements...
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth362,436
    Posted on 07 February 18 at 08:08
    ParsleyParsnips said:
    Ah thanks for the info. Would the same occur if you used SAM to re-lock any achievements? It's just OCD seeing a game that'll never be completed ultimately effecting your completion record.... If it still isn't allowed then...muhh I'm just gonna have to grip it *sigh*... Least there's the remastered edition of Darksiders II without that stupid online achievements...
    Any use of SAM, whether to unlock or re-lock achievements, is prohibited. Discontinued or unobtainable achievements are a pain, but there's not much we can do to avoid them.
  • Posted on 07 February 18 at 13:56
    Yeah, the discontinued achievements are quite the pain

But what can we do, tbh they should remove discontinued achievements from the completeion percentage
  • Posted on 07 February 18 at 18:42
    TSA Patrick said:
    Yeah, the discontinued achievements are quite the pain

But what can we do, tbh they should remove discontinued achievements from the completeion percentage
    Tbh that might actually work. I might raise it at some point! :D
  • Posted on 07 February 18 at 23:44
    TSA Patrick said:
    they should remove discontinued achievements from the completeion percentage
    Not worth the fury from those who already obtained achievements before servers went down etc.

Unfortunately unobtainable achievements are simply that: unobtainable. It sucks, but our scanners must reflect the status of the title if we wish to remain objective.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads