Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Malfunctioning Scanners

• Posted on 31 December 15 at 16:37, Edited on 24 January 17 at 09:12 by TrueSteam
    UPDATE TO SCANNING ALGORITHM

Hi everyone

Due to experiencing some issues with scanning that included but were not limited to 1) not picking up achievement wins automatically, and 2) having the steam api calls limited due to over use, we have now introduced the following scan schedule:

- Pro Account Members - Auto-updated 3 times a day

- Recent site visitors (within a week) - Auto-updated once a day

- Registered users - Auto-updated once every three days

- Unregistered users - Auto-updated once every week

Note: these are initial values and subject to adjustment.

Please post in this thread any issues with the scanners.

Thanks!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 December 15 at 22:13
    I've been having problems with the scanners missing achievements. It usually corrects itself when I earn another achievement in the game, but now I have one not picking up in Paint in Back and the one it failed to pick up was the last achievement in the game I needed to unlock, so it won't register my completion of the game now.
  • Pitupatu71Pitupatu71226,821
    Posted on 01 January 16 at 13:01
    Hello, happy new year, there is a game " Caverns of the snow witch" , do not scanned, thanks
  • Posted on 01 January 16 at 23:01
    None of my games or achievements are showing up since I signed up. My Steam profile is public.
  • MegaZeroXMegaZeroX53,830
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 01:37, Edited on 05 January 16 at 15:13 by MegaZeroX
    I unlocked 2 achievements in Geometry Dash, but the scanner didn't pick them up. I tried scanning twice, but both attempts failed.

Edit: The particular achievements that aren't showing up are xStep and Funky.

Edit 2: These achievements appear to have scanned properly now!
  • HUKU117HUKU11777,704
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 05:35
    I having problem scanning too. I just bring steam games because of winter sales, played and earned achievements for Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition- and Mighty Gunvolt, and scanner didn't update.

I also scanned my steam games from MetaGamerScore and it still didn't updated and still failed. Not only that, most of my steam games that have 0% disappeared in my progress list.

Is it going to fix soon?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 January 16 at 15:18
    The scanners have continued to miss the last achievement I earned in Outland. It has picked up achievements unlocked prior to and after this one, but doesn't want to pick up this single achievement. Steam shows 100% for Outland but TSA is only showing 11/12.
  • roboritoxroboritox61,818
    Posted on 06 January 16 at 15:48
    I'm having problems with earning the "Super Chibi Knight" achievements. I've noticed that this may not be just a problem for me as I've seen that in the achievement list of this game in this page is empty as if they weren't found.
    Super Chibi Knight Achievements

PS: sorry if there's any grammatical error, still polishing my english
  • Posted on 06 January 16 at 15:55
    anyone still missing any?
  • roboritoxroboritox61,818
    Posted on 06 January 16 at 23:44
    TrueSteam said:anyone still missing any?I do, my super chibi knight achievements are not been scanned
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 10:13
    Hi,

I tried to scan multiple times my account. But I got only 3 games to show up out of 200+.
    I guess I will try later again, as I have used to many scans already.
  • HUKU117HUKU11777,704
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 17:26
    Mine not scanning because I set my steam site privacy setting to private. When I set to public, it finally scan the game I earned recently.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• VeilorVeilor53,495
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 11:22
    I'm gonna report and say that the automatic scans doesn't work, it worked a few times, but most times it just hasn't. I got an achievement yesterday, during the night there was a scan, but that achievement is not added.
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 11:57
    I earned two achievements yesterday in Go Home Dinosaurs, completing the game. However they have not been picked up by the scanner, even after requesting a scan today.

They are:
    Send 10,000 Dinos home
    Get all 180 Steaks

Thank you for your help.
  • StraktisieStraktisie73,789
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 17:43
    hey, i am new to this site and the scanner does only register 5 of my games and ignores all the others :/
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 17:59, Edited on 08 January 16 at 17:59 by MaceTheWindu
    Hey guys, similar problem as the guy above me. Should we just wait for it to get fixed and they might show up after an automatic update?
  • XenoLairXenoLair97,448
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 18:46
    Missing more than half my library. Scanner says scan is complete though...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 16 at 15:07
    TrueSteam said:anyone still missing any?Still missing that last achievement in Outland. Achievements unlocked after this one have shown up fine, it was just this single achievement that hasn't been picked up by scanners.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 16 at 07:37, Edited on 11 January 16 at 07:43 by
    Straktisie said:hey, i am new to this site and the scanner does only register 5 of my games and ignores all the others :/This actually has a workaround you can try to fix it. It's not too hard, but depending on how many games are missing it could be a bit time consuming (trust me, I know, had to go through 200+ games)

1. On your home page, click the link where it says how many games you have played. Then click Show all and then click Game to sort them in alphabetical order.

2. Then go through the list and look for what isn't in there.

3, Search each missing game on TSA with the search box right under your username. If the game shows achievements on TSA, run the game for a few seconds. If it doesn't post the TSA page here: Games missing achievements

4. Request an update once you've finished. That should then get all the games added except the ones reported in the post give (those will show up once the games get added typically, if they don't same steps work, run for a few seconds and request update).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads