Game Discussion: Age of Empires II (2013)

Age of Empires II: HD Edition DLC Split

• PRTMPRTM20,694
    Posted on 14 November 15 at 05:31
    Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Posted on 14 November 15 at 12:47
    To add to that, even though it's not really DLC, maybe you can give this achievement
    Age of Empires II (2013)The Secret Achievement achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 12 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    the same treatment as challenges get for the Xbox One on TA. You could only get that achievement if you pre-ordered the game and it has been delisted by Steam because new purchases and gamers can't earn that one.
  • PRTMPRTM20,694
    Posted on 14 November 15 at 16:50
    Is there any more like that? I'm not too familiar with Age of Empires II.
  • Posted on 14 November 15 at 18:11
    As far as I remember that is the only one. I know a lot of the "win as x race" achievements are glitched where it will see every race as Britons instead of the actual race.
  • PRTMPRTM20,694
    Posted on 14 November 15 at 18:47
    Yeah, I marked them as glitched.
  • Posted on 14 November 15 at 23:38, Edited on 15 November 15 at 01:09 by KuWanTum
    Thomic Fallon said:
    To add to that, even though it's not really DLC, maybe you can give this achievement
    Age of Empires II (2013)The Secret Achievement achievement in Age of Empires II (2013) worth 12 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    the same treatment as challenges get for the Xbox One on TA. You could only get that achievement if you pre-ordered the game and it has been delisted by Steam because new purchases and gamers can't earn that one.
    Would the "recent winners" section suggest a few cheaters for that one?
  • PurePure433,364
    Posted on 15 November 15 at 04:37
    The achievement was reactivated to all of the people who bought the recent African Expansion DLC. I know this first-hand as I bought it and loaded the game up and it gave me it. I cannot confirm if this is still the case however.
  • DarukDaruk178,190
    Posted on 16 November 15 at 13:57
    Also unlocked it at 1st launch after buying the last DLC. wink
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice399,641
    Posted on 17 November 15 at 03:01
    Dark Ages Rush! was actually edited so that it now unlocks for anyone who played a new release within it's first month, whether that be the original game or either the two DLCs to date.
  • Posted on 17 November 15 at 03:49, Edited on 17 November 15 at 03:49 by KuWanTum
    Persevere said:Dark Ages Rush! was actually edited so that it now unlocks for anyone who played a new release within it's first month, whether that be the original game or either the two DLCs to date..Awesome, maybe I should buy that DLC then haha!
  • Posted on 18 November 15 at 19:41, Edited on 18 November 15 at 19:41 by Thomic Fallon
    If I'd known that I would have bought it when it was on sale in it's first weekend out instead of waiting for it to be a part of the winter sale :/
  • Posted on 19 November 15 at 14:29
    KuWanTum said:
    Thomic Fallon said:
    Would the "recent winners" section suggest a few cheaters for that one?
    Nope
    I got it myself a when the DLC came out.
    It said in the Patch 4.4 notes, that you can read on the steam forums:
    "Pre-order achievement has been expanded to include early adopting so purchasing either expansion with in the first few weeks of launch grants the achievement."
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 November 15 at 16:14
    Arenazombie said:the first few weeks of launch grants the achievement."When they say the first few weeks how long is that? As i'm debating about getting the DLC myself so this achievement is done.
    Posted on 19 November 15 at 18:04
    MysticalShadow86 said:Arenazombie said:the first few weeks of launch grants the achievement."When they say the first few weeks how long is that? As i'm debating about getting the DLC myself so this achievement is done.I'll see if I can dig up the dev post to confirm but I'm pretty sure they stated a month in the game forums.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 November 15 at 22:27
    DakotaThrice said:MysticalShadow86 said:Arenazombie said:the first few weeks of launch grants the achievement."When they say the first few weeks how long is that? As i'm debating about getting the DLC myself so this achievement is done.I'll see if I can dig up the dev post to confirm but I'm pretty sure they stated a month in the game forums.That's alright then got a bit of time left then. Thanks for the info.
  • Posted on 20 November 15 at 12:09
    DakotaThrice said:MysticalShadow86 said:Arenazombie said:the first few weeks of launch grants the achievement."When they say the first few weeks how long is that? As i'm debating about getting the DLC myself so this achievement is done.I'll see if I can dig up the dev post to confirm but I'm pretty sure they stated a month in the game forums.I'd appreciate if you can find the exact time frame. I can't find it in the patch 4.4 notes and it would be a bummer if I buy it full price for the achievement only to miss out on it. Especially if they don't have any further DLC in the pipelines.
    Posted on 20 November 15 at 14:04
    Thomic Fallon said:DakotaThrice said:MysticalShadow86 said:Arenazombie said:the first few weeks of launch grants the achievement."When they say the first few weeks how long is that? As i'm debating about getting the DLC myself so this achievement is done.I'll see if I can dig up the dev post to confirm but I'm pretty sure they stated a month in the game forums.I'd appreciate if you can find the exact time frame. I can't find it in the patch 4.4 notes and it would be a bummer if I buy it full price for the achievement only to miss out on it. Especially if they don't have any further DLC in the pipelines.Was sure I came back and posted it, must have accidentally gone back a page. http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/0/540743212... A month from release (5th Nov) so you still have a couple of weeks.
  • Posted on 20 November 15 at 16:02
    Okay, thanks for the reply and information.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads