Site Wishlist Archive

Site Wishlist Archive

Option to remove games with no achivements earned?

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 October 15 at 22:39
    On Steam there are definitely many cases where people have only played games to get trading card drops. Due to this, many of us who have idled for cards in the past now have a ton of games listed here that we haven't truly played and low completion percentages.

So I'd suggest a means for removing games with no achievements earned. Either that or change things so only games with achievements earned count here.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,964
    Posted on 23 October 15 at 22:40
    Scan them but don't have them affect % until an achievement is unlocked?
    Its that guy from the thing in the place.
  • Posted on 24 October 15 at 00:45
    Spilner said:Scan them but don't have them affect % until an achievement is unlocked?+1

I sincerely think games with 0 achievements earned but time played should not effect our overall completion percentage.
    -- Novelistic
  • Posted on 24 October 15 at 01:53
    I wish there was an option to have these not appear, or as the above posted not count towards your completion percentage until one is unlocked
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,921
  • KytharcKytharc110,733
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 12:29
    Novelistic said:I sincerely think games with 0 achievements earned but time played should not effect our overall completion percentage.+1

This is the way Steam calculates total completion %, factoring out games that haven't had an achievement unlocked. I recall Xbox 360 games counting if you had playtime, but they could be deleted from your history until you had earned an achievement, so essentially the same behavior.

Steam is weird actually, each game is given equal weight, rather than reach achievement
  • Posted on 02 November 15 at 18:25
    Removing games with no achievements unlocked from the completion percentage would be good :)
  • Posted on 02 November 15 at 20:29
    +1. I have daft amounts of games in my library Ive barely touched.
    I'm Jafooolie on everything else.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,921
  • Posted on 03 November 15 at 07:28
    Thanks JMJimmy.
    I'm Jafooolie on everything else.
  • Posted on 22 December 15 at 22:01
    Any news ?
  • WraithTDKWraithTDK22,618
    Posted on 18 February 16 at 21:11, Edited on 18 February 16 at 21:12 by WraithTDK
    I suggested this earlier in Use TA's method of "completion percentage" calculations

Please vote for this there. If we can keep the focus on the original thread, it will better reflect the community as there will be more votes.
  • JackJack7,896
    Posted on 24 March 16 at 16:39
    The scanned logic was changed a little while ago so that games without achievements are no longer added as "played" games and since then I've also deleted all records without any earned achievements.

As such I'm going to send this off to the archives. smile
  • Information
    Posted on 24 March 16 at 16:40
    This post was archived by Jack
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads