Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Things not to worry about

• JackJack7,905
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 15:21
    With the site pushed live earlier today there are probably quite a few bugs floating around, but here are some things you don't need to worry about.

- Games marked as Apps
    For the time being we've marked every game that doesn't have achievements as an App.

- Games with zero achievements appearing in your list
    With Steam we have the ability to pick up playtimes. As such any game that you've got a playtime in is automatically added to your games list. If you own it and haven't played it then it goes in your game collection instead. We may change this in the future.
  • Posted on 16 October 15 at 16:00
    So I have 483 "games" according to Steam.

I have 440 in my game collection
    121 of these I have at least played
    24 of these I have earned an achievement.

Trying to figure out why there's a gap of 43 games. I don't have any apps so I'm wondering what they would be. I am thinking it's things like GFWL games that don't count, and any prototype games like Amnesia Fortnight?

Amnesia Fortnight (9 games)
    GFWL (not steamworks migrated) (13 or so games)

I wonder what else I'm missing. This still leaves me with a gap of 30 or so.
  • Posted on 16 October 15 at 16:34
    senior chupon said:So I have 483 "games" according to Steam.

Trying to figure out why there's a gap of 43 games. I don't have any apps so I'm wondering what they would be. I am thinking it's things like GFWL games that don't count, and any prototype games like Amnesia Fortnight?

If you can find one of the missing ones we can check - it may be that it's set to Exclude from Calculations due to us not being able to get the details from steam
  • YaziteYazite52,097
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 16:56, Edited on 16 October 15 at 17:19 by Yazite
    Team Fortress 2 is missing from my games and does not appear when searching for the game. F2P games maybe?
  • Posted on 16 October 15 at 20:33
    TrueSteamAchievement said:senior chupon said:So I have 483 "games" according to Steam.

If you can find one of the missing ones we can check - it may be that it's set to Exclude from Calculations due to us not being able to get the details from steam
    Here's the list from Amnesia Fortnight

Autonomous Prototype <<-- This actually has achievements also
    Blake Lake Prototype
    Dear Leader Prototype
    Hack n Slash Prototype
    Little Pink Best Buds Prototype
    Mnemonic Prototype
    Spacebase DF-9 Prototype
    Steed Prototype
    The White Birch Prototype
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,689
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 20:38
    Estranged: Act 1
    Cursed Sight Demo
    Discouraged workers Demo
    are all missing off my account

Plus Half-Life 2 and Sid Meier's Civilization V (Both shared via family though)
  • Posted on 19 October 15 at 04:56
    I only have the two games right now, one of which doesn't have any achievements. Will try buy a few more random ones and see if they all work with the site.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,689
  • IanuvanIanuvan21,733
    Posted on 19 October 15 at 19:01
    All my games with 0 achievements aren't appearing, which is about 20 in total. Also I noticed in my game collection I have 2 games I have never owned, Sanctum and Sanctum 2. not sure if they were free trials over weekend and got picked up or something but not in my games list.

Obv not a major issue as they don't have cheevos
  • VeilorVeilor53,752
    Posted on 20 October 15 at 14:03, Edited on 20 October 15 at 14:03 by Veilor
    Might want to add that any games played during Steam free weekends or using Family Share won't be able to be scanned. I have 1467 achievements on steam, but only 1281 here. Those other achievements are probably free weekends & family shared games. You have to own the game for the achievements to be scanned.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,689
    Posted on 20 October 15 at 15:17
    That's not entirely true, they just have an expiry date where they stop being scannable after x amount of time not played
  • VeilorVeilor53,752
    Posted on 20 October 15 at 15:26
    But I think because it would be really unfair and whatnot they choose not to scan the "recently played" page. If I'm guessing right.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,971
    Posted on 20 October 15 at 17:56
    Nomstuff said:That's not entirely true, they just have an expiry date where they stop being scannable after x amount of time not playedIs there documentation on the Steam API which would detail what is/isn't scannable?
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,689
    Posted on 20 October 15 at 18:01
    JMJimmy said:Nomstuff said:That's not entirely true, they just have an expiry date where they stop being scannable after x amount of time not playedIs there documentation on the Steam API which would detail what is/isn't scannable?If there is, I'm not aware of it.

That said https://steamcommunity.com/dev

if it exists it's there.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,971
    Posted on 20 October 15 at 18:04, Edited on 20 October 15 at 18:05 by JMJimmy
    Found it (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_Web_API#....29). No matter when you've played the game, either for a free weekend or a F2P title or Shared it should always scannable. Rich just has to set the include_played_free_games flag when getting the list of games you own.
  • mrbellekmrbellek20,445
    Posted on 21 October 15 at 12:06, Edited on 21 October 15 at 12:09 by mrbellek
    Yazz said:Team Fortress 2 is missing from my games and does not appear when searching for the game. F2P games maybe?Same here, and I have hundreds of achievements in that game. :(

edit: I just did a rescan and though it's in my game collection, still shows 0 achievements unlocked.
  • Posted on 21 October 15 at 13:49
    Hi guys

I am away on vacation at the moment and have been the main dev on the scanner stuff.

While Jack may have time to fix some of these issues, chances are they won't get worked on until next week.

Please keep reporting stuff you find though smile
  • VeilorVeilor53,752
    Posted on 21 October 15 at 14:19, Edited on 21 October 15 at 14:20 by Veilor
    mrbellek said:Yazz said:Team Fortress 2 is missing from my games and does not appear when searching for the game. F2P games maybe?Same here, and I have hundreds of achievements in that game. :(

edit: I just did a rescan and though it's in my game collection, still shows 0 achievements unlocked.
    Try starting it up so it's recent and then let the scanner pick it up. I did that and you can now see my profile tf2 filled laugh
  • mrbellekmrbellek20,445
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 08:08
    Veilor said:Try starting it up so it's recent and then let the scanner pick it up. I did that and you can now see my profile tf2 filled laughThat worked, thanks!
  • ugliugli51,437
    Posted on 25 November 15 at 20:23
    I have 816 games on steam, but only 464 are shown in my games list here.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads