TrueSteamAchievements Polls

Forum for our TrueSteamAchievement Polls Only TSA Staff can create polls here.

How should we handle disabled achievements?

• JackJack7,905
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 12:32
    We want your input!

Please click here to read the story: How should we handle disabled achievements?
    Poll: How should we handle disabled achievements?
    • The achievements were there at some point, so they should be there for good
    • The achievements were removed for a reason, so they shouldn't appear
    • The achievements were removed for a reason, but if it was after people earned them they shouldn't be removed
    You must log in to vote on this poll
  • DarukDaruk178,195
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 13:11
    "This poll is now closed and it is too late for you to vote on it"

Am I the only one with this message?
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • Posted on 22 February 16 at 13:30
    I got the same message as TiCryillou. Anyway my vote is too only keep the achievements earned by some players if removed due to the fact that it is unfair to the people that already unlocked them. Also the allows us to complete games that may have had an unobtainable achievement, but was removed due to them not being able to fix it.
  • levin26levin264,725
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 14:25
    Where is the poll?
  • flatluigiflatluigi92,913
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 14:40
    My vote is for any achievement that is disabled or completely unattainable to not be counted for completion's sake, even if it was enabled/attainable in the past.
  • DarukDaruk178,195
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 14:41
    I would imagine an intermediate vote:
    - If achievements were removed after people earned them, those gamers deserve bonus (extra points, for example?), but achievements have to be removed in order to allow others gamers to 100% the game (even if they never win these deleted achievements).
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • JackJack7,905
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 15:20
    Apologies, the closing date's now amended so you can now vote.
  • DarukDaruk178,195
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 15:29
    Jack said:Apologies, the closing date's now amended so you can now vote.Please, add this option:

- If achievements were removed after people earned them, those gamers deserve bonus (extra points, for example?), but achievements have to be removed in order to allow others gamers to 100% the game (even if they never win these deleted achievements).

I hardly understand how can I find my opinion in the 3 propositions you gave...
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 February 16 at 15:58
    People that got removed achievements should keep them on TSA, just to show they earned them. The points earned with them could be kept as well I guess, but that's less important. What's important is that TSA will still show the gamer got them, because on steam there will be no track of these removed achievements left, but on TSA gamers will be happy to have them here, especially if they were hard to get.

The removed achievement could still appear in a game's achievements list, but clearly marked as removed and unobtainable, and not counting toward 100% as new players will never be able to get them, obviously.
  • NiyuMiyaNiyuMiya171,004
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 16:51
    The achievements were removed for a reason, but if it was after people earned them they shouldn't be removed

The removed achievements should be mentioned, but with no points at all, because of the situation like this; for e.g. new game with 100 easy achievements, someone do all of them and they will be deleted so this one people will receive a lot of points because these achievements will count as rare.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,686
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 19:12
    They should be removed entirely, if it's not in the game, it's not on the site.
  • YaziteYazite52,195
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 19:26
    Nomstuff said:They should be removed entirely, if it's not in the game, it's not on the site.Boom.
  • Posted on 22 February 16 at 19:30
    TiCyrillou said:Jack said:Apologies, the closing date's now amended so you can now vote.Please, add this option:

+1
  • RebornReborn75,264
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 19:31
    Nomstuff said:They should be removed entirely, if it's not in the game, it's not on the site.Agreed. +1
    http://tinyurl.com/losmn7d
  • alphabetalphabet824,499
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 19:48
    Nomstuff said:They should be removed entirely, if it's not in the game, it's not on the site.This.
    There's no reason to keep them here if they aren't even on Steam.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 February 16 at 22:57
    TiCyrillou said:Please, add this option:

This.
  • UzzbuzzUzzbuzz369,896
    Posted on 22 February 16 at 23:11
    I personally like an idea not listed: for these achievements to count, as someone put effort into earning them. When I say count, I mean show up that they exist, but not count towards completion percentage or completion of a game in general. We don't want games we cannot 'complete', but for those that have earned them, being able to still display them and know that they once existed would be nice. Maybe a retired tag? A site that does this well is Kongregate:

- They have achievements known as badges
    - Sometimes games (namely mmos) go down or badges break
    - Badges get removed so they don't appear on the list, but they still show up on profiles and users keep the points they got from earning them.
  • XeinokXeinok788,431
    Posted on 23 February 16 at 00:17
    Remove them if the game entirely removes them - if they are broken nullify their point value and mark them as broken but still let them show up as "earned but broken" by that user.
  • SephirumSephirum35,629
    Posted on 23 February 16 at 01:06
    How about removing them from completion but adding a Feats of Strength category like Blizzard does with WoW? People can still see that they earned them but don't go into the factoring of completion.
  • Posted on 23 February 16 at 02:13
    They shouldn't be removed. We don't take away games which are removed from sale, so we shouldn't discount the achievements which are removed.

As a potential solution, we could shift discontinued achievements and list them as a kind of DLC so that people can still complete a base game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads