Site News

Forum to discuss TSA news items. Only TrueSteamAchievement can post here

"Spam" Achievement Games Now Have A Capped Score On TrueSteam

• Posted on 05 June 18 at 23:09
    Thanks you, this was the main reason I gave up on Steam achievements. I don't care for these garbage games plaguing the scores. It was annoying that someone could gain 100k TSA points in an hour, while large games like Borderlands 2 which takes 60-80 was worth so much less.
  • mrbellekmrbellek20,445
    Posted on 26 June 18 at 10:50
    Applause for this! Great job!
  • Posted on 15 April 20 at 20:07, Edited on 15 April 20 at 20:10 by Andreas Teufel
    criteria that define a spam game need to be reevaluated. a game that requires you to complete a puzzle to get 1 achievement each is not a spam game, as that requires effort (e.g. game of puzzles, which I would have bought right now IF NOT for the fact it's wrongly classified as a spam game). a CYOA where you have to follow a guide or keep track yourself to select all possible outcomes in order is not a spam game, as that requires effort (and in the case of Non-linear text quests, that classification is quite insulting as that is a very cute and funny title, and one of the achievements is a dice game that is a little tricky even, and certainly not completed automatically!) neither is any game where you have to click something that randomly shows up on your screen a hundred (or 10000) times a spam game, as that requires effort.

a game that dumps an achievement at you every 5 seconds or every time you press jump however, IS a spam game, as that requires no effort whatsoever (since autoclickers are – for inexplicable reasons – tolerated here).

so it's EXTREMELY simple.
    EFFORT = NO SPAM GAME
    NO EFFORT = SPAM GAME

fix it!

lmtr14
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth362,774
    Posted on 15 April 20 at 22:19
    Andreas Teufel said:
    criteria that define a spam game need to be reevaluated. a game that requires you to complete a puzzle to get 1 achievement each is not a spam game, as that requires effort (e.g. game of puzzles, which I would have bought right now IF NOT for the fact it's wrongly classified as a spam game). a CYOA where you have to follow a guide or keep track yourself to select all possible outcomes in order is not a spam game, as that requires effort (and in the case of Non-linear text quests, that classification is quite insulting as that is a very cute and funny title, and one of the achievements is a dice game that is a little tricky even, and certainly not completed automatically!) neither is any game where you have to click something that randomly shows up on your screen a hundred (or 10000) times a spam game, as that requires effort.

a game that dumps an achievement at you every 5 seconds or every time you press jump however, IS a spam game, as that requires no effort whatsoever (since autoclickers are – for inexplicable reasons – tolerated here).

so it's EXTREMELY simple.
    EFFORT = NO SPAM GAME
    NO EFFORT = SPAM GAME

fix it!

lmtr14
    It would help us greatly if you listed games you feel shouldn't be classified as 'spam' as we can judge games on a case-by-case basis. Spouting "fix it" achieves nothing and makes you look like an entitled brat.
  • AtarunAtarun427,577
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 20:30
    Logistical games come to mind... They keep getting labeled as spam, but every achievement must be unlocked individually and it takes dozens if not hundreds of hours to complete each of those games. I really don't think they deserve to be labeled as spam.
    Atarun
  • Posted on 01 December 21 at 19:43
    You should look into Mr. Barrel
  • vizthexvizthex71,448
    Posted on 23 October 22 at 18:15
    Wow, I didn't even realize this was an issue. Nice that it's been fixed.
    vizthex, Attempter of Achievements
  • Posted on 09 December 23 at 05:36
    I know I am late to the party here, but as a long-time True Achievements user, I would love to see something like this implemented over there, though I am sure most of the users would have a panic attack lol. Still really cool feature I am glad to see over here.
  • Pudge204Pudge20448,631
    Posted yesterday at 00:24
    I am a little confused. I understand that games determined to be spam have been capped, but why do many spam games offer zero score now? And why do older unlockings keep the 200 points but now if I unlock the cheevos I get zero?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads