Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Malfunctioning Scanners

• missiloonmissiloon410,825
    Posted on 21 April 18 at 00:47
    thirtysmooth said:
    missiloon said:
    That's weird because Vuorikissa's friends still have many less achievements than they earned. There should be a reason why that has happened and what is wrong? They didn't play spam games and it was days after you guys decreased the points for spam games. So that shouldn't be the issue as well.
    Which accounts are you referring to? I can look into their issues.
    markgreyam
    Negationix
    antartic

Thank you Thirthy that you want to look into it :D
  • Posted on 21 April 18 at 19:11
    I've scanned several times over the past couple of days, but it's not pulling anything. It says 'Scan Complete' but the request scan button stays grey for a few minutes, and stays unscanned.
  • missiloonmissiloon410,825
  • Posted on 22 April 18 at 11:34, Edited on 22 April 18 at 11:41 by sandypantscufc
    missiloon said:
    sandypantscufc said:
    I've scanned several times over the past couple of days, but it's not pulling anything. It says 'Scan Complete' but the request scan button stays grey for a few minutes, and stays unscanned.
    Have you changed your settings to "public" after steam changed the settings a few days ago ?
    Valve's Changes to Privacy Policy Affect Our Ability To Scan Your Games
    Yes. Done and redone. Other websites aren't having any issues with scanning, either.

EDIT: And as if by magic, the moment I posted it scanned successfully. :)
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth372,621
    Posted on 23 April 18 at 07:30
    missiloon said:
    markgreyam
    Negationix
    antartic

markgreyam is not a registered user on this site, so I won't be able to scan him/her. It looks like the other two have their privacy settings turned on, so the scanners can't scan them either.

More information can be found here: Valve's Changes to Privacy Policy Affect Our Ability To Scan Your Games
  • vuorikissavuorikissa107,838
    Posted on 23 April 18 at 08:38
    thirtysmooth said:
    missiloon said:
    markgreyam
    Negationix
    antartic

markgreyam is not a registered user on this site, so I won't be able to scan him/her. It looks like the other two have their privacy settings turned on, so the scanners can't scan them either.
    Negationix definitely does not have his privacy settings turned on (antartic does, but the sudden loss of almost all achievements for those three on my friends list happened before the settings change -- nonetheless, can't be fixed now).

But since Negationix's stats look correct now, I assume you did rescan him. Thanks :)
  • Posted on 24 April 18 at 15:04
    thirtysmooth said:
    Yup, I know what the issue is. The devs have suspended the scanning of the game Logistical as they were clogging the scanners. As soon as the allows the scanning of this game again, your achievements will appear.
    Any timeline on when scanning of this will be turned back on?
  • Posted on 25 April 18 at 16:19
    ManOfNantucket said:
    thirtysmooth said:
    Yup, I know what the issue is. The devs have suspended the scanning of the game Logistical as they were clogging the scanners. As soon as the allows the scanning of this game again, your achievements will appear.
    Any timeline on when scanning of this will be turned back on?
    There is no given timeline for when it'll be unsuspended but I say just keep scanning everyday
  • Posted on 25 April 18 at 20:23, Edited on 25 April 18 at 20:24 by Wanderer1209
    Does the scanner work? The scanner is not picking up a single thing from me at all. I joined here a week ago. I have seen the scan in process but it yields nothing. I joined predominantly to track Fallout 4.
  • RebornReborn75,563
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 22:19, Edited on 25 April 18 at 22:20 by Reborn
    Wanderer1209 said:
    Does the scanner work? The scanner is not picking up a single thing from me at all. I joined here a week ago. I have seen the scan in process but it yields nothing. I joined predominantly to track Fallout 4.
    This is because of your privacy settings on your Steam profile. As of April 10th, 2018 Steam has changed their Privacy Policy which may be affecting our ability to scan you. The details of this change and instructions on how to change your settings accordingly can be found here: Valve's Changes to Privacy Policy Affect Our Ability To Scan Your Games

Navigate to the Privacy Settings page on Steam and change the “Game details” option to “Public”. By default, this will have been set to “Friends Only”. Make sure the tickbox for “Always keep my total playtime private even if users can see my game details” remains unchecked.

Once you get those settings fixed you can post here Post here to request a Full ReScan and I'll run a full scan on you since your registration scan wasn't able to go through.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Moderator, Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • Posted on 26 April 18 at 18:49
    OK Reborn, I made the required changes. Thank you for your help, let see what happens now if you could please conduct the Full ReScan.
  • RebornReborn75,563
    Posted on 27 April 18 at 00:15, Edited on 27 April 18 at 00:16 by Reborn
    Running a rescan now.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Moderator, Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • GAMERJETGAMERJET21,548
    Posted on 07 May 18 at 22:46
    Having issues with pro scanner. It immediately jumps to scan complete without adding any of my new achievements.
    Posted on 08 May 18 at 09:08
    gamerjet said:
    Having issues with pro scanner. It immediately jumps to scan complete without adding any of my new achievements.
    This usually occurs when the scanner is currently scanning a user that has earned a lot of achievements.
  • Posted on 16 May 18 at 09:56
    The scanner is not updating any of the achieves I have earned in the last month or so.
  • Posted on 18 May 18 at 16:53, Edited on 18 May 18 at 16:54 by KraftyKhajiit
    Any reason why my scans are taking so long? My last scan took 3163 seconds, close to an hour and I didn't even have any new achievements to scan in. It's absurdly high compared to every other time I've seen for other gamers. I'm using the Pro Scanner.

I do have a lot of Trivia Vault achievements unlocked which I know are ignored by the scanners so I don't know if this is a cause. If anyone could take a look at this I'd be really grateful.
  • TheStrangerTheStranger2,929,849
    Posted on 21 May 18 at 04:21
    Scanner doesn't appear to be working again. I've completed quite a few games, but I still see the last update from 5/18.
  • TrinsecTrinsec215,143
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 07:31
    Scanner 1 is hanging.
  • Posted on 25 May 18 at 21:06
    The scanner doesn't seem to work for me. I tried to scan multiple times now, but nothing was found.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads