Update 6 has been released! And we have brand new game prototypes to show you.TWO BRAND NEW GAME PROTOTYPES
Introducing 'Scanner Sombre' and 'Wrong Wire'
Skip forward to 22 minutes into the video, to see us demonstrate two of our (potentially) upcoming games. These are prototypes we have been developing in secret until now, and will form the basis of whatever comes next after Prison Architect
. Please keep in mind that whilst we intend to continue supporting Prison Architect
with updates for a very long time, we also intend to make new games, just as we have always done.
We are interested in your thoughts on the new games. Please go here
to vote on your favourite.PRISON ARCHITECT
= Seasons and Weather
- The game will now move through the seasons, with the outdoor temperature varying based on the time of year.
- Various weather patterns can occur during the game, varying based on the current season:
* Torrential rain (Special event, rare)
* Snow and frost
* Heatwave (special event, rare)
- Prisoners' needs will be affected by the weather when they are outdoors. Getting rained on will spike their comfort, clothing and warmth needs.
- Prisoners left outside in extremely cold conditions (for example in an outdoor solitary confinement cage) can now die of exposure.
- Weather is DISABLED by default in all prisons, and can be enabled when creating a new map. Alternatively, use the new "Map Settings" screen in the Extras menu.
= Map Settings
You can now adjust the settings of your prison from a new screen called "Map Settings", found in the Extras menu. This screen lets you enable certain options that may not have been enabled (or even available) when you first created the map.
N.b. You can enable these options, but you cannot disable them once they have been enabled.
- Enable Gangs
- Enable Events
- Enable Weather
= Job Prioritisation
You can now mark any job as a high priority. Simply hold control and either left click or left drag a selection to mark jobs. Available workers (who aren't already on a high priority job) will stop what they are doing and be assigned to the high priority job.
If no workers are available, high priority jobs will take precedence when the workers become available. A small icon in the lower right of a visible job shows if it is marked as a high priority job.
- You can remove the high priority marking on jobs by holding control and either right clicking or dragging a selection.
- Hovering over an in progress job will now highlight the entity working on it, showing a red line leading to the worker responsible for the job.
- Pressing F while highlighting an in progress job will cause the camera to follow the working entity and keep the highlight active.
= Performance Work (continued)
Further performance gains were made this month through several different approaches to optimisation.
- More systems moved to overlap with Render().
- Optimisations to the visible object list builder.
- Singly linked lists mostly replaced with arrays (FastList).
- Avoid copying of containers where possible.
- NeedSystem optimised.
= Bug Fixes
- Temperature and light map system corruption bug fixed.
- 0010618: [Gameplay] Temperature next to fire is in the negatives.
- 0010625: [Gameplay] Temperature drops instantly even in areas that should be producing heat.Stay up to date:Subscribe to our BlogSubscribe to our YouTube channelFollow us on TwitterFollow our twitch.tv live stream - we sometimes code live on Twitch