Valiant Commanders of the 509th, it’s Launch Day! We’re proud to bring you Version 1.0
for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam.
The 1.0 release of Habitat on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux marks our graduation out of Early Access and into full release. We've been so grateful for your feedback on the Forums, for your emails, for your questions and comments to us on Twitter, and we believe you're going to love the features and improvements we're bringing to 1.0, because they're driven by you!
What all have we done over the past year in Early Access? Here’s a short list of all things we’ve accomplished in that time, and remember...this is only the short version!
• New Missions
• A Revamped Campaign Mode
• True Open Sandbox
• Brand New and Updated UI
• Citizens in Space
• Updated Navigation and Improved Controls
• Combat Updates including Engineer on Engineer Combat
• Elemental Damage
• New Locations (Earth/Moon/Mars)
• Combat Log and Engineer Camera
• Resource Production Info and Tracking
• Lots of new Junk to play with
Habitat V1.0 includes a lot of bug fixes from 0.9 as we worked to get ready for launch. Version 1.0 will also see the removal of Steam Workshop for the time being as we work to address some issues and bugs surrounding that. However, we have Steam trading cards and some new achievements available for folks.
What’s New in v1.0?
• Deep performance improvements, especially during combat with multiple ships
• Level spawn improvements to avoid collisions at startup
• Addition of enemy search and fight radius - when in doubt, run away!
• Mission balance and tweaking including increased artifact health
• Weapon adjustments and improvements for better balance
• Fixes to save games to support multiple habitats, engineers and hotkeys
• Tweaks to connectors and connection modes for stability
• Enabled Sandbox item placement during boss battles
• Added new achievements for game progress
• Added nano-machine hunters to Mars, changed connector killer to engineer killer
Please take a look and enjoy Habitat 1.0. Thank you all for the support you have given us along the way.