Three months ago, The Jackbox Party Pack 5
was announced as the latest compilation of five party games to be heading to Steam. The first title to be revealed was You Don't Know Jack
. At E3, developer Jackbox Games took the opportunity to reveal a new title, Split the Room, as the second game in the pack. Now, another new title has been announced as the third game in the pack: Mad Verse City. The game pits players against each other in rap battles with a twist.
Mad Verse City has been invaded by giant robots. The majority of the city's residents have gone away, leaving behind an enthusiastic crowd and a pair of hosts, Shadow Master MC and DJ Raych. Those left behind are here for one reason only — to witness the biggest rap battles they've ever seen. With mega cash prizes at stake, it's up to players to decide who is the greatest. The game's features include:
The Jackbox Party Pack 5
- Beautiful, retro-cartoony art.
- The ability to write sick rhymes using your smartphone.
- Hear your MC avatar rap the bars you write out loud (they’re a little robotic, but their doing their best).
- HUGE scores. Try to make a million dollars!
- “Write for Me” and “Suggestions” to help you when you’re off your game.
- Cheer along during the raps and hear the crowd roar.
is coming to Steam this fall, meaning they only have a few more months to announce the remaining two games in the package.