hit its Kickstarter funding target two years ago, then released into Early Access a year later. Revival Productions has taken to their blog to explain that the "six-degree-of-freedom tunnel shooter" will soon be leaving Early Access and getting a full release.
Combining modern technology with gameplay found in classic six-degree-of-freedom shooters, like their previous title Descent
, the title offers an "intense" experience. The game's features include:
- 15 level single-player campaign plus secret levels
- Numerous level challenges including lava, forcefields, lockdowns, ambushes and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses
- Multiplayer with public and private matches
- Challenge mode (with two variants) and 12 Challenge Mode levels Story by the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Support for mouse, keyboard, gamepad and/or joystick controls
- Surround sound audio options
- Virtual reality support for Oculus and Vive
- Interface and Subtitle Available in: English, French, German, Spanish and Russian
- Post launch: Release of Level Editor and support for user-created levels and campaigns
While we wait, we can view the game's trailer announcing the release date so you can get an idea of what to expect.
As the trailer states, the title is due to leave Early Access on May 31st, 2018.