Today sees the launch of the "Big Top Breakout" DLC for Team 17's The Escapists 2
. The new DLC features new jobs, new weapons, new customization options and new crafting recipes:
The Big Top Breakout DLC features:
- A brand-new circus themed map to escape
- New circus themed customisations for your inmate
- New jobs. Tame lions, hang carnival posters, paint faces and blow up balloon animals to purchase vital supplies you’ll need to break out
- New items and craftable recipes
- New achievements and trophies to unlock
There's also an update to the in-game Prison Editor:
We’ve added the Rattlesnake Springs theme to the editor, adding new desert-themed tile-sets, rooms, objects, guards and soundtrack! You’ll find the new content in the tiles, rooms and objects lists, and the ability to select guard and soundtrack theme from the editor Settings. We can’t wait to see what you create and add to the more than 13,000 player-created prisons already on Steam Workshop!
Along with all of these glorious additions, the developers have updated the game to version 1.1.4:
- Editor Specific - Fixed a graphic issue when holding a premade room and hovering over the UI in some cases.
- Fixed an issue causing the player to lose the ability to use the "Join Game" feature provided in the Steam Overlay.
- Fixed various issues regarding invites within private versus sessions and lobbies.
- Fixed an issue altering the front end menus when spamming “continue” on the first screen.
- Fixed an issue causing the chat to close at the same time as the inventory would close.
- Fixed an issue in various maps where the home icon wouldn’t display and escapes sometimes not trigger.
- Fixed an issue causing character models to disappear from the Character Select carousel after a certain amount of loads.
- Fixed an issue whereby plugging in a controller and pressing A during the character select screen would remove all control from the player.
- Fixed an issue whereby pressing “Quick Mould” without the appropriate items would lock players in the inventory view.
- Fixed an issue causing animations to reset upon performing a Save / Load when knocked out.
- Fixed an issue whereby pressing Space to equip an item would sometimes consume or use it.
- Fixed an issue causing animations to freeze when switching item from grappling hook whilst climbing.
- Fixed an issue whereby the "Medic Deployed" text didn’t always fit correctly in the UI in Russian.
- Changed the amount of stamina standard items use.
These updates, along with the "Big Top Breakout" DLC are available now and can be purchased via the Steam Store