We just released Awesomenauts
3.4.2, including some much needed tweaks to Max Focus and a couple of important improvements to Spectator Mode! Full patch notes are below:
- Configure Controls menu, when opened from within a match, now correctly handles keyboard/controller navigation.
- Tutorial, fixed that the blocked turret did not require dynamite to be destroyed.
- Custom Games now remember your last chosen bot difficulty, instead of always defaulting to the same AI as is used online. This should improve the difficulty curve for beginners, as their bot matches will now stay on low difficulty bots until they change this themselves.
- Fixed that lines for Legendary and Awesome were swapped.
- Removed the SlowWolf announcer from the Shop menu, since it can’t be bought.
- Fixed that players who unlocked the SlowWolf announcer during a 3.4 beta did not have it in the live game.
- Changed Slow Wolf to SlowWolf in achievements and ingame menus
- Fixed that in replays destroyed turrets would not reappear on the minimap when going back in time to before their destruction.
- Added an option to hide the party interface and invites without hiding the entire replays HUD, making the screen more suitable for casting and commentary videos. To hide the party interface, press F1 once while in a replay. Pressing F1 twice will hide everything, like before.
- If you’re following a character who teleports a great distance (like on Starstorm), the camera now immediately jumps to the new position.
- If you’re following a character who dies, the character will now be remembered and the camera will go back to that character once he returns to the match. Also fixed this for replaytovideo.
- Fixed that camera would twitch when timeskipping while following a character who is at the far edges of the level.
- Fixed that really old replays always showed Sorona with arena walls (as if it were a Team Deathmatch match).
- Fixed that the square that shows the camera position on the minimap in replays was pixely and partially disappeared when it became small.
- Fixed that the cursor was visible in videos made with the replaytovideo function.
- Fixed that in the killcam, if the killer died shortly after making a kill himself, the camera would jump to the drop pod area for a few seconds.
- Fixed that autocam would sometimes try to follow a character who's respawning or in the drop pod
- Clock Necklace, fixed that the heal over time would not trigger while FroggyG was affected by damage over time.
- Sped up the weedling spawn animation for Gnaw's skins to correspond with the faster weedling spawn mechanic.
- Fixed that Ix did not have recommended builds in the shop.
- Hyper Bull, fixed that cocoon would make it drop down instead of stay in the air.
Max turned out stronger than expected and so we see some inevitable nerfs coming to him. Mainly SlowMo’s potential has been toned down and two problematic upgrades have been tackled. Especially Pete Jennirks is a difficult one to balance and is slated for replacement in the next patch. Scene Illumination was found to be often difficult to land and therefore unreliable damage. To mitigate that issue, the duration has been reduced but the dps has been increased, making sure every bullet that hits is more meaningful and you are not locked in while the enemy often has already fled. Finally, some fixes and a price buff for an underused upgrade.
- Scene Illumination, base damage increased from 45 to 50 per shot (450 to 500 dps).
- Scene Illumination, base duration reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds.
- SlowMo shot, base time slow reduced from 70% to 65%.
- From pond to podium: Nate Frogg exposed, price reduced from 165 to 135 solar per stage.
- Hairy King from Hairy King's Life, size increase reduced from 20% to 15%.
- Hairy King from Hairy King's Life, price increased from 125 to 175 solar.
- Pete Jennirks from Galactic News, projectile slow down reduced from 30% to 20%.
- Pete Jennirks from Galactic News, price increased from 190 to 240 solar.
- SlowMo shot, can no longer be reflected.
- Addresses of the Stars!, fixed that you could deactivate the double damage charge by trying to use Flood Light during a skill.
- Fixed that pain sounds did not trigger when Max received damage.
- Fixed that Max Focus did not have recommended builds in the shop.