Update 15.1 and the Mod Tools Open Beta are now live!
Many of you have expressed interest in testing the tools, so we are very excited to open up access to the whole community. We also want to thank all of the Alpha testers for their support in getting the tools ready for Open Beta. The tools and related in-game features are all still in Beta testing phase so expect some updates along the way. Your feedback will be very valuable in helping us find and address the most important issues, so thank you in advance for your support!
For all Call of Duty Black Ops III
full game owners, you can now install the Mod Tools through your Steam Library's Tool Section where you'll now see Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Mod Tools.
The update includes:
- Black Ops 3 Steam Workshop***
- Unranked Server Browser***
- Radiant Level Editor
- APE, Asset Property Editor
- Mod Tools Launcher
- Optional additional assets installation under Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 -- Mod Tools' DLC section. Includes more level building assets from a variety of official Black Ops 3 maps.
- Full example maps of the Mulitplayer map Combine and the Zombies map The Giant
- New Server Settings Menu in Multiplayer Custom Games and Zombies Private Game where you can set how your server will display in the Unranked Server Browser***
- New Mods Menu where you can load and unload your subscribed mods***
***Downloading the mod tools is not required for these items or to play Black Ops 3 Steam Workshop content
For more information on how to play and create mods, check out these guides,Official - How to Play - Workshop GuideOfficial - How to Create - Workshop Guide
Update 15.1 also includes bug fixes and a security update.