On top of all the cool stuff that we're adding to the game with update 3.3: Rise of Galactron, we'll be adding something extra that you've been asking for for a long time: assists!Awesomenauts
is a team game, and many takedowns that happen are the result of several members of a team coordinating and timing their attacks. With the new update, players who have been involved in the defeat of an opponent but did not actually land the killing blow will share in the credit!
The exact rules for being credited with an assist (assuming you're not already receiving a full kill for it) are explained below. We'll be tweaking the exact timings in the upcoming Beta!
- Any direct damage dealt to an enemy within a short time prior to their death will give an assist to whoever dealt the damage.
- Any negative effect applied to an enemy within a short time prior to their death will give an assist to whoever applied the effect (this includes damage over time effects, slows, stuns, and any other debuff).
- Any positive effects (like heals or buffs) applied to an ally who is getting an assist or a kill within a short time prior to the death of their target will give an assist to whoever applied the positive effect.
- There is no range limit on being credited with an assist.
- Assists are counted alongside kills and deaths but don't have any direct gameplay impact.
- Any damage or negative effects applied to an enemy within a short time prior to their death at their own hands or due gravity, the incinerator, or AI-controlled characters like turrets, droids, the Sorona Worm, or the Solar Boss, will result in a kill being credited to the player instead of an assist.
Assists will give credit to players involved in killing enemies even though they didn't land the final blow, and we're excited to finally bring this to Awesomenauts
This new feature will be included in the second round of Open Beta testing for Awesomenauts
3.3: Rise of Galactron when it launches next week. This Beta will include a whole lot of fixes based on the feedback we've received during the first Beta!