Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Logistical status as spam game

• AlgrethAlgreth252,485
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 18:43
    Logistical was previously categorized as a spam game, but now this seems to not be the case. Is this intentional, or an oversight due to new content or something?
  • KodingKoding49,813
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 20:07
    Logistical is not a spam game. From the news story on spam games:

What are achievement spam games?
    The definition is a little subjective and should be based on a per-game basis, but to put it more broadly, these games will throw hundreds, sometimes thousands of achievements at you with little-to-no effort required.
    While Logistical has thousands of achievements, the game does not throw them at you. As evidenced by its numbers...while over 200 users have the game, only 4 have completed it.

I hope this answers your question.
    55 LEGO game completions on 5 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
  • AlgrethAlgreth252,485
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 22:42, Edited on 02 November 18 at 04:21 by Algreth
    Koding said:
    Logistical is not a spam game. From the news story on spam games:

What are achievement spam games?
    The definition is a little subjective and should be based on a per-game basis, but to put it more broadly, these games will throw hundreds, sometimes thousands of achievements at you with little-to-no effort required.
    While Logistical has thousands of achievements, the game does not throw them at you. As evidenced by its numbers...while over 200 users have the game, only 4 have completed it.

I hope this answers your question.
    There's no rule that EVERY achievement must be awarded easily for a game to be a spam game. Someone can play logistical for a few minutes and earn 500 TSA. Every day. How is this not spam, when real spam games can only earn 200 TSA ever?
  • FlippolFlippol110,746
    Posted on 03 November 18 at 01:51, Edited on 03 November 18 at 01:52 by Flippol
    You're right Algreth, the game was originally set as a spam automatically by the website; because of the number of achievements.

However, this was not the case for other Logistical games. The GI team had a discussion and concluded that Logistical games should not be classified as spam. As Koding pointed out, the game doesn't just throw the achievements at you, and you have to play the game to unlock them.

Hope that clears things up!
  • DanitherDanither207,100
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 22:56
    As much as I think that many games on here are not worth their points, Logistical, Guns of icarus and Zaccaria pinball are just so ridiculous, I earned 10k in 2 hours. Guns of Icarus I can earn more in one sitting than I do for completing a challenging game and thus it totally devalues many much more challenging games because many of the achievements are simply just time spent (especially guns of Icarus).

But there definitely should be expanding of some other games points. How one achievement in guns of Icarus are worth the same as entire games. merely because they are rare and it's a progressional system and just requires time and almost no skill.
    Danither
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads