Site News Forum

Forum to discuss TSA news items. Only TrueSteamAchievement can post here

Valve's Changes to Privacy Policy Affect Our Ability To Scan Your Games

AuthorMessage
thirtysmooth
224,536
thirtysmooth
Posted on 11 April 18 at 09:32
Please check your privacy settings - details inside

Please click here to read the story: Valve's Changes to Privacy Policy Affect Our Ability To Scan Your Games
DarkTerminator
Posted on 11 April 18 at 12:24
Nice post, didn't even hear about this change! wink
JMJimmy
42,784
JMJimmy
Posted on 11 April 18 at 13:09, Edited on 11 April 18 at 13:09 by JMJimmy
TSA = tutorial on how to fix the settings

Steam Spy = "omg the sky is falling & we're shutting down"
Life, it's funny that way.
Titanium Dragon
Posted on 11 April 18 at 13:16
Steam Spy is shutting down because the way it acquires data is no longer reliable.

TSA is opt-in anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
shezzor
70,957
shezzor
Posted on 11 April 18 at 21:08, Edited on 11 April 18 at 21:09 by shezzor
If anyone cares, this change is primarily around the new European data privacy laws which come into effect in May. So all companies that trade there will need to make similar changes if they haven't already :)
luchaos
62,705
luchaos
Posted on 13 April 18 at 11:19
fyi: the checkbox has to be ticked twice to actually be registered as unchecked - the default seems to be checked but it doesn't show.
transyo
18,170
transyo
Posted on 20 April 18 at 17:56
Thanks for this, didn't see this as I haven't been able to get online recently.
Seán
Kugsen
7,821
Kugsen
Posted on 22 April 18 at 22:36
Whenever I try to change it to public, when I come back to the screen it goes back to friends... Annoying.
Gymbean44
1,231
Gymbean44
Posted on 24 April 18 at 22:11
Kugsen said:
Whenever I try to change it to public, when I come back to the screen it goes back to friends... Annoying.
Same thing is happening for me cry
Ovcharski
37,588
Ovcharski
Posted on 28 April 18 at 13:17
I was wondering why I don't see new achievements here. Thank you
deathofrats09
Posted on 10 May 18 at 13:39
thanks for the info
deathofrats09
Posted on 11 May 18 at 14:19
I have changed the settings and it's working for me
Lucas Buck
30,498
Lucas Buck
Posted on 12 May 18 at 23:37
Titanium Dragon said:
Steam Spy is shutting down because the way it acquires data is no longer reliable.
That's disappointing. I've always found their site useful and interesting. Shame.
Punidue
7,980
Punidue
Posted on 15 May 18 at 11:41
Kugsen said:
Whenever I try to change it to public, when I come back to the screen it goes back to friends... Annoying.
Same, did you manage to get it working?
Cause
2,381
Cause
Posted on 27 June 18 at 20:56, Edited on 29 June 18 at 08:36 by Cause
Nothing is showing at all in my privacy settings, weird.

Edit: I got it to work, it was being weird in IE is all.
Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
No_Heroes_94
Posted on 03 December 18 at 13:14
This still isn't working for me. Started a new account, I have followed these steps, unchecked a million times, and it just won't sync me. I only have one game with achievements (Project Eagle.)
thirtysmooth
224,536
thirtysmooth
Posted on 03 December 18 at 13:18
No_Heroes_94 said:
This still isn't working for me. Started a new account, I have followed these steps, unchecked a million times, and it just won't sync me. I only have one game with achievements (Project Eagle.)
It looks like you might have a limited account as it's new. Please check here for more information about limited accounts:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAG...
No_Heroes_94
Posted on 03 December 18 at 14:54
thirtysmooth said:
No_Heroes_94 said:
This still isn't working for me. Started a new account, I have followed these steps, unchecked a million times, and it just won't sync me. I only have one game with achievements (Project Eagle.)
It looks like you might have a limited account as it's new. Please check here for more information about limited accounts:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAG...
That doesn't make any sense because I've spent around £20 in games (Fallout, Subsurface, Quarantine and Battlestations). Thanks though, any other advice?
thirtysmooth
224,536
thirtysmooth
Posted on 03 December 18 at 21:27
No_Heroes_94 said:
thirtysmooth said:
No_Heroes_94 said:
This still isn't working for me. Started a new account, I have followed these steps, unchecked a million times, and it just won't sync me. I only have one game with achievements (Project Eagle.)
It looks like you might have a limited account as it's new. Please check here for more information about limited accounts:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAG...
That doesn't make any sense because I've spent around £20 in games (Fallout, Subsurface, Quarantine and Battlestations). Thanks though, any other advice?
Your account should be up-and-running now.
Zapp_
Posted on 06 March 19 at 00:11
looking for some help. i have done what the article says and even purchased some games on steam but i still cant get the site to recognize any games i have played
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.