Site News

Forum to discuss TSA news items. Only TrueSteamAchievement can post here

"Spam" Achievement Games Now Have A Capped Score On TrueSteam

• benmootbenmoot116,914
    Posted on 06 April 18 at 17:50
    Guilty of playing these for the sake of raising how many I have, but I'm glad to see them being capped. I would rather see points go towards things that take time and effort than ease and quantity.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 April 18 at 08:40
    TheStranger said:
    Can't wait for the next 4000+ achievement Logistical spam game.
    Either trolling or hasn't read the above.
  • Posted on 08 April 18 at 18:14
    I ended up buying quite a few of these cheap achievement games but never started them.
  • AlkoPcAlkoPc120,951
    Posted on 09 April 18 at 10:10
    Very good decision!

It will 'cure' the achievements economy.

Thank You. clap
  • GiancarloGiancarlo261,333
    Posted on 09 April 18 at 17:03
    Haven't logged in this site for days, came back today and saw my position on the TSA leaderboard gone from ~1360 to ~580. What a jump!

And so this is the reason.

Very good, the leaderboards became a joke / pay2rise. Even so, didn't expect to see achievement spam games could influence the leaderboards so heavily and how much scores were inflated due to them.
  • TacTac28,420
    Posted on 10 April 18 at 01:07
    Love the cap on achievement spam games! Played a few of them in the past and it felt so lame having a bunch of spam achievements. I've got a suggestion for another spam game (that I'd rather not have as my best game lol):

Slash It

It takes about 2 hours at most to get 302 achievements mindlessly typing keys.
  • Posted on 11 April 18 at 13:24
    Algreth said:
    Regarding logistical (again):

It may be true that unlocking achievements takes serious time...but so does unlocking achievements in other games. There are some games that I've also put hundreds of hours into and don't have all of the achievements, but these games are worth a few thousand TSA at best. With Logistical being worth hundreds of thousands, it would be absurd to say that there is no difference between this game and normal games.

If the point of this whole thing is to discourage the selling, buying, and tracking of games where you are effectively purchasing achievements, then Logistical absolutely qualifies. I've seen people earn 300+ TSA in a couple hour gaming session of Logistical...every day. I can never earn at that rate playing most games. Therefore, Logistical absolutely skews leaderboards in favor of people who buy achievements.
    Your argument makes no sense... You first say:

It may be true that unlocking achievements takes serious time...but so does unlocking achievements in other games.

Then you say:

I've seen people earn 300+ TSA in a couple hour gaming session of Logistical...every day. I can never earn at that rate playing most games.

So which is it? Like other games or not?

I say it is a set of standard games that take hundreds of hours to unlock. Not unlike many games that were not nerfed (Tales of Maj or Payday2 (especially with the gimme achievements lately for stuff previously done) for example).

Noone will ever be happy with the nerfing algorithms or policies, it's true. Legit games will get nerfed and crap games will slip through (at least for a while). I for one am pretty pissed about Logistical games being nerfed, especially based on feedback by people who clearly have never played them.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 18 at 17:07, Edited on 17 April 18 at 19:36 by
    Can we unspam the Logistical games which have been marked as such please? For example, the British Isles has been spammed but the original hasn't.

Or, you know, stop fucking around with the scores in general.

If Steam says 5000 cheevs is a limit, then it's a limit.

It's not up to us to say "well, screw that, we'll change it ourselves".

I completely understand the argument for capping spam games, god knows I've played enough, but with games like Logistical and Tales, it's ridiculous.

To put out an arbitrary limit is stupid, with a number pulled out of thin air.
    What next? Capping completion ratios? Make it so the games you don't want to count don't count?

Why not just completely rework the way stats are worked, so they're all calculated out of 100 for completion ratio, with your TSA score showing them added up instead of this shite?

I'm a five year subscriber to TA Pro, but I'll be walking from TSA if this continues.
    ~ Vae Victis! ~
  • daysocksdaysocks197,438
    Posted on 18 April 18 at 22:41
    Very, very disappointed with the decision to mark the (some?) Logistical games as spam. A game that takes hundreds of hours to 100% and points are capped. Are we capping Team Fortress 2? Guns of Icarus? All games that only have story based achievements, because as long as you keep playing you'll get them all?

Very, very disappointed indeed. I thought you guys were better than that.
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth360,370
    Posted on 19 April 18 at 07:21
    Please note that any/all spam games which have been marked as such will be reviewed shortly. The algorithm that the devs have set up isn't 100% perfect yet, so some games may be marked as spam and vice versa.

We thank you for your patience whilst we work through this.
  • rezoonsrezoons504,265
    Posted on 19 April 18 at 11:13
    I just learned about the news and decided to come back to this site. Thank you!
  • RichtoonRichtoon83,895
    Posted on 23 April 18 at 21:37
    TSA have ruined the fun. I'm not very happy with it
  • DreamDream29,953
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 09:16
    Bad Fox Felix said:
    They made it more fun than ever, sorry you can't buy leaderboard spots anymore.

wave
  • RichtoonRichtoon83,895
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 14:36
    Dream said:
    Bad Fox Felix said:

wave
    Cya 6k peasant
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 18 at 16:32
    daysocks said:
    Very, very disappointed with the decision to mark the (some?) Logistical games as spam. A game that takes hundreds of hours to 100% and points are capped. Are we capping Team Fortress 2? Guns of Icarus? All games that only have story based achievements, because as long as you keep playing you'll get them all?

Very, very disappointed indeed. I thought you guys were better than that.
    Yup. Totally fucked up. Deactivating my account right now.
    ~ Vae Victis! ~
  • RebornReborn74,689
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 17:26, Edited on 24 April 18 at 17:26 by Reborn
    Bad Fox Felix said:
    I wouldn't call mindless no skill required idle completions fun, but everyone has their point of view on them. Sorry you dropped about 1.9k ranks on the site after TSA capped spam games.

In regards to Logistical, it's going to be removed from the Spam games list when the devs get to sorting that stuff out. So the cap is temporary on that one in the meantime.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Moderator, Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • daysocksdaysocks197,438
    Posted on 28 April 18 at 18:23
    Reborn said:
    Bad Fox Felix said:
    I wouldn't call mindless no skill required idle completions fun, but everyone has their point of view on them. Sorry you dropped about 1.9k ranks on the site after TSA capped spam games.

In regards to Logistical, it's going to be removed from the Spam games list when the devs get to sorting that stuff out. So the cap is temporary on that one in the meantime.
    Any sort of ETA on that? Because it's affecting quite a few people's enjoyment of the site.
  • RebornReborn74,689
    Posted on 29 April 18 at 06:49
    Right now the devs are busy dealing with GDPR. I can't really give an ETA, because I don't know, but I'm sure once they're done taking care of that they will focus on the current spam game situation. Even though Logistical has a temporary cap on it right now, once it's removed the score will return to normal.
    Moderator and Newshound here on TSA | Moderator, Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • DreamDream29,953
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 05:39
    Bad Fox Felix said:
    Dream said:
    Bad Fox Felix said:

wave
    Cya 6k peasant
    laugh

I recently began playing on PC, I don't really care about my TA score but I do enjoy seeing people cry because they're delusional "accomplishments" get taken away.

Glad you think people care that you're not happy with it. We don't.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads