Game Discussion: Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer

Don't purchase this game! (**Warning**)

• Posted on 21 February 18 at 14:59, Edited on 21 February 18 at 15:41 by TSA Patrick
    I recently purchased this game, knowing the risks and issues that might occur!

But when I first launched the game, my DirectX encountred and unrecoverable error so then I had to download dxcpl (A DirectX Quality changer, used mainly for games that DirectX is buggy for) to then even launch the game properly!

After 20 minutes the game came around, to only freeze and force-restart my PC. I wasn't made but I was very unhappy, so then I tried again. But this time, I managed to lower the settings and receive 30-45 FPS in the menu (Not great speaking the FPS Cap is 91) and to my avail, multiple FPS Stutters and laggs.

I then quit the game, and went to the config to sort things out to my liking (Don't worry, my Black Ops Config is the best for 120-150 FPS Gameplays). Shortly after, the game ran perfectly, but entering a match was difficult! The amount of times that the game crashed, not only to enter a game but to lower the settings, tipped me off

I decided that I would transfer the game to my 100GB USB and then try it on my Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2TBHDD, 256GB SSD Alienware Desktop which is my best PC I have at this current time! Still, even with the specs it ran like utter garbage and was unplayable on both PC's even with the settings lowered to it's lowest!

I am not sure why but the porting for this game is really terrible and literally unplayable! There are some ways to counter this issue, but with the countless blocks it has, it's impossible to touch this game without constant stuttering and hiccups that could ruin the experience

My next one I will be trying is Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer
  • drifteedriftee674,880
    Posted on 19 April 18 at 21:25
    Works perfectly fine for me?
  • Posted on 21 April 18 at 22:33
    It's working now, the DirectX wasn't ported properly so I had to code something to fix it
  • DreamDream29,963
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 09:57
    laugh
  • Posted on 24 April 18 at 13:36
    Dream said:
    laugh
    You'd think a big company like those who make Call of Duty all these years would make a port good enough to play on PC!

It's sad how they neglect the PC games these days
  • drifteedriftee674,880
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 21:08
    I have loads of friends that play the game and none of them have the same problem so honestly I'm not sure lmao
  • DreamDream29,963
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 23:52
    TSA Patrick said:
    Dream said:
    laugh
    You'd think a big company like those who make Call of Duty all these years would make a port good enough to play on PC!

I think considering you're the only one having problems, they've done a fine port and it's probably on your end.
  • Posted on 27 April 18 at 16:28
    Dream said:
    TSA Patrick said:
    Dream said:
    laugh

I think considering you're the only one having problems, they've done a fine port and it's probably on your end.
    Yeah!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads