can't visit my profile

WebChimp UKFixed
AuthorMessage
luxaeterna101
83,932 TrueSteamAchievement Points2 posts
Last post: 07 Jan at 11:47
Posted on 06 January 16 at 21:41
Hi,
I'm unable to visit anything related to my profile. I suspect it's due to the special character plus space in my username.
Is it a possibility?
Thanks,

Lux
JMJimmy
JMJimmy
TrueSteamAchievement Ratio: 1.6797Achievement Completion Percentage: 38.56% (Includes owned DLC) - 12 more achievements required to reach 39%277 posts
Last post: 25 Nov at 18:27
Posted on 06 January 16 at 21:46, Edited on 06 January 16 at 21:48 by JMJimmy
Lux Æterna said:Hi,
I'm unable to visit anything related to my profile. I suspect it's due to the special character plus space in my username.
Is it a possibility?
Thanks,

Lux
Yeah, most likely it's just not being escaped properly. It should be converted to %C3%86 but it's staying in the original form.
Life, it's funny that way.
Jack
Jack
TrueSteamAchievements Administrator2 site referrals383 posts
Last post: 02 Dec at 20:42
Posted on 07 January 16 at 11:36
Hey Lux, as predicted it's the special character that's causing issues in this case. It was something that we accounted for the beta registration page, but forgot about here. facepalm I've added a fix to standardise the two which will go live with the next site update.

With respect to this we'll need to username a little so it meets the site conventions. I've changed it to Lux AEterna for the time being. Are you happy with that, or is there another tag or variation you would like?
luxaeterna101
83,932 TrueSteamAchievement Points2 posts
Last post: 07 Jan at 11:47
Posted on 07 January 16 at 11:47
Hey Jack, thank you for coming back at me so quickly!
It's fine, thank you very much :) am I going to be able to change it when the sites gets updated? If so, how?
Thanks for your time,

Lux
JMJimmy
JMJimmy
TrueSteamAchievement Ratio: 1.6797Achievement Completion Percentage: 38.56% (Includes owned DLC) - 12 more achievements required to reach 39%277 posts
Last post: 25 Nov at 18:27
Posted on 07 January 16 at 15:44
Jack said:Hey Lux, as predicted it's the special character that's causing issues in this case. It was something that we accounted for the beta registration page, but forgot about here. facepalm I've added a fix to standardise the two which will go live with the next site update.

With respect to this we'll need to username a little so it meets the site conventions. I've changed it to Lux AEterna for the time being. Are you happy with that, or is there another tag or variation you would like?
Why not just URI encode/decode the special characters?
Life, it's funny that way.
TrueSteam
34 TrueSteamAchievement Points201 posts
Last post: 11 Nov at 14:57
Posted on 07 January 16 at 15:47
JMJimmy said:Why not just URI encode/decode the special characters?because reasons
Posted on 07 January 16 at 16:20
This post was archived by Jack
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.