Bug Reports Archive

An archive for the Bug Reports forum

can't visit my profile

• Fixed
  • WebChimp UK
  • Posted on 06 January 16 at 21:41
    Hi,
    I'm unable to visit anything related to my profile. I suspect it's due to the special character plus space in my username.
    Is it a possibility?
    Thanks,

Lux
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,949
    Posted on 06 January 16 at 21:46, Edited on 06 January 16 at 21:48 by JMJimmy
    Lux Æterna said:Hi,
    I'm unable to visit anything related to my profile. I suspect it's due to the special character plus space in my username.
    Is it a possibility?
    Thanks,

Lux
    Yeah, most likely it's just not being escaped properly. It should be converted to %C3%86 but it's staying in the original form.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • JackJack7,901
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 11:36
    Hey Lux, as predicted it's the special character that's causing issues in this case. It was something that we accounted for the beta registration page, but forgot about here. facepalm I've added a fix to standardise the two which will go live with the next site update.

With respect to this we'll need to username a little so it meets the site conventions. I've changed it to Lux AEterna for the time being. Are you happy with that, or is there another tag or variation you would like?
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 11:47
    Hey Jack, thank you for coming back at me so quickly!
    It's fine, thank you very much :) am I going to be able to change it when the sites gets updated? If so, how?
    Thanks for your time,

Lux
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,949
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 15:44
    Jack said:Hey Lux, as predicted it's the special character that's causing issues in this case. It was something that we accounted for the beta registration page, but forgot about here. facepalm I've added a fix to standardise the two which will go live with the next site update.

With respect to this we'll need to username a little so it meets the site conventions. I've changed it to Lux AEterna for the time being. Are you happy with that, or is there another tag or variation you would like?
    Why not just URI encode/decode the special characters?
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 15:47
    JMJimmy said:Why not just URI encode/decode the special characters?because reasons
  • Information
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 16:20
    This post was archived by Jack
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads