Site News Forum

Forum to discuss TSA news items. Only TrueSteamAchievement can post here

TrueSteam Recruitment

AuthorMessage
Spilner
2,213
Spilner
Registered on 20 October 2015 (Year 0 - TrueSteamAchievements Beta Tester)8 completed games(Includes owned DLC)295 posts
Last post: 11 May at 00:22
Posted on 07 January 16 at 14:56
Alklein92201 said:and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.What's the current rate of fuzzy feelings to $US?0.69.
Its that guy from the thing in the place.
Nomstuff
37,148
Nomstuff
113 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,502 posts
Last post: 20 Nov at 17:16
Posted on 07 January 16 at 23:31
Spilner said:Alklein92201 said:and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.What's the current rate of fuzzy feelings to $US?0.69.Less than that now, warm fuzzies crashed this morning, worth only .10
speedygamers901
Registered on 08 December 2015 (Year 0 - TrueSteamAchievements Beta Tester)171 solutions76 posts
Last post: 28 Jan at 02:00
Posted on 08 January 16 at 01:03
Nomstuff said:Spilner said:Alklein92201 said:and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.What's the current rate of fuzzy feelings to $US?0.69.Less than that now, warm fuzzies crashed this morning, worth only .10Now it's worth $.25
Just for the achievements!
LMEPHISTO
17,342
LMEPHISTO
17,342 TrueSteamAchievement Points4 posts
Last post: 08 Jan at 13:55
Posted on 08 January 16 at 10:23
Nomstuff said:Clever_Jake said:Van_Uden said:Clever_Jake said:Moderator huh? I reckon I could do it.You would be a terrible, horrible, dreadful, awful Moderator and you know it!I am a bit of a troll no doubt about that, but on TA that's considered mod material!Then explain why I'm not a mod warning

Am I not trolly enough :(
No! I am a troll and still haven't made it up as a mod...oh wait..correction, i am getting trolled..or self trolled...Consider i never posted that.
Nomstuff
37,148
Nomstuff
113 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,502 posts
Last post: 20 Nov at 17:16
Posted on 08 January 16 at 12:40
LMEPHISTO said:Nomstuff said:Clever_Jake said:Van_Uden said:Clever_Jake said:Moderator huh? I reckon I could do it.You would be a terrible, horrible, dreadful, awful Moderator and you know it!I am a bit of a troll no doubt about that, but on TA that's considered mod material!Then explain why I'm not a mod warning

Am I not trolly enough :(
No! I am a troll and still haven't made it up as a mod...oh wait..correction, i am getting trolled..or self trolled...Consider i never posted that.
#meph4mod
LMEPHISTO
17,342
LMEPHISTO
17,342 TrueSteamAchievement Points4 posts
Last post: 08 Jan at 13:55
Posted on 08 January 16 at 13:55
Nomstuff said:LMEPHISTO said:Nomstuff said:Clever_Jake said:Van_Uden said:Clever_Jake said:Moderator huh? I reckon I could do it.You would be a terrible, horrible, dreadful, awful Moderator and you know it!I am a bit of a troll no doubt about that, but on TA that's considered mod material!Then explain why I'm not a mod warning

Am I not trolly enough :(
No! I am a troll and still haven't made it up as a mod...oh wait..correction, i am getting trolled..or self trolled...Consider i never posted that.
#meph4mod
laugh
BUUUUUUUUUH
uzzbuzz
63,151
uzzbuzz
TrueSteamAchievements ModeratorTrueSteamAchievement Ratio: 2.794371 posts
Last post: 15 Aug at 23:18
Posted on 08 January 16 at 19:48
I loved TA and it has been my favorite tracking site for years. Glad to see it finally come to steam :)

You applicants don't need luck; go get 'em!~

toast
ALT F4
22,417
ALT F4
22,417 TrueSteamAchievement Points3 posts
Last post: 12 Jan at 01:06
Posted on 11 January 16 at 02:29
I would like to apply but unfortunately I don't think I've been on the site or the other TrueAchievements sites long enough.
Nomstuff
37,148
Nomstuff
113 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,502 posts
Last post: 20 Nov at 17:16
Posted on 11 January 16 at 13:27
ALT F4 said:I would like to apply but unfortunately I don't think I've been on the site or the other TrueAchievements sites long enough.Worth trying
Moon
39,460
Moon
TrueSteamAchievements ModeratorTrueSteamAchievement Site Rank: 1,506 out of 10,164113 posts
Last post: 13 Aug at 21:28
Posted on 19 January 16 at 12:02
ALT F4 said:I would like to apply but unfortunately I don't think I've been on the site or the other TrueAchievements sites long enough.As Nomstuff says, it's definitely worth trying!

I don't think (I hope) they aren't so much looking at the people who have just been around the longest, or contributed enough, but the sort of person who will be an addition to the team and help the site run smoothly.

If you're that sort of person who won't get stressed and fly off into a ban fit (if you're going for mod duties), or just get bored and leave it (if you're doing site duties), then you should definitely apply! Let them decide whether you'd be a good fit or not, openings close today though, better be quick.
Reborn
29,665
Reborn
TrueSteamAchievements ModeratorTrueSteamAchievements Newshound1,274 posts
Last post: 07 Dec at 23:26
Posted on 19 January 16 at 18:33
As a staff member of TA I can assure you it's not about "how long" you've been around, it's more or so how good do you fit the description of who's needed.
http://tinyurl.com/losmn7d
Moon
39,460
Moon
TrueSteamAchievements ModeratorTrueSteamAchievement Site Rank: 1,506 out of 10,164113 posts
Last post: 13 Aug at 21:28
Posted on 19 January 16 at 22:09
Reborn said:As a staff member of TA I can assure you it's not about "how long" you've been around, it's more or so how good do you fit the description of who's needed.That's good to hear!

Do you have any ideas when you'll be making your decisions?
Spilner
2,213
Spilner
Registered on 20 October 2015 (Year 0 - TrueSteamAchievements Beta Tester)8 completed games(Includes owned DLC)295 posts
Last post: 11 May at 00:22
Posted on 19 January 16 at 22:24
Moon said:Reborn said:As a staff member of TA I can assure you it's not about "how long" you've been around, it's more or so how good do you fit the description of who's needed.That's good to hear!

Do you have any ideas when you'll be making your decisions?
Wont be Reborn's, it'll be Rich's
The deadline for applications for both teams is January 19th. After this we'll be reviewing the responses to see if we think that you would be a good fit, and we'll let you know if you've been successful or unsuccessful shortly after this. Its only just the end of the 19th today so id give it at least a week to go through them all, probably 2.
Its that guy from the thing in the place.
Nomstuff
37,148
Nomstuff
113 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,502 posts
Last post: 20 Nov at 17:16
Posted on 19 January 16 at 22:25
We (the TA staff) don't make this decision here, that's all Rich
Moon
39,460
Moon
TrueSteamAchievements ModeratorTrueSteamAchievement Site Rank: 1,506 out of 10,164113 posts
Last post: 13 Aug at 21:28
Posted on 20 January 16 at 09:57, Edited on 20 January 16 at 09:58 by Moon
Yeah, that's fine. Just for the record, the 'we' was a collective term for TSA staff! ;)
PrettzL
65,811
PrettzL
TrueSteamAchievements Game Info Editor112 solutions63 posts
Last post: 29 Sep at 20:13
Posted on 22 January 16 at 17:56
I'd like to congratulate everyone who was also selected!
Gummydrop
141,603
Gummydrop
141,603 TrueSteamAchievement Points4 posts
Last post: 23 Jan at 21:22
Posted on 23 January 16 at 13:13
Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but Reborn and Nomstuff are saying they're staff, but no where on the forum or on their profile does it suggest that. Should really think about giving these people a title or special badge to distinguish them, because it's impossible to tell. I see that TrueSteam has an admin badge, but it doesn't even display when he posts on the forums, only on his profile, and you have to look hard to even find that.
PrettzL
65,811
PrettzL
TrueSteamAchievements Game Info Editor112 solutions63 posts
Last post: 29 Sep at 20:13
Posted on 23 January 16 at 14:15, Edited on 23 January 16 at 14:22 by PrettzL
In your account settings you can pick up to 2 badges to display next to your forum posts here on the forums, they can be whatever you want to display.

Staff shouldn't be required to display badges on their forum account that represents anything different from regular users though. Nobody should be treated any differently on the forums than anyone else as a matter of common courtesy. Especially by staff and especially to each other.

It's simple enough, as you've pointed out GummyDrop, to check the person's staff credentials by looking at their profile.

Though I would love to suggest that staff badges be a higher priority for displaying (maybe an unusual color compared to usual badge colors like an animating gradient?) or they be ahead of all the other badges a player can have (being furthest to the left ahead of rank and points on the leaderboards maybe?) to allow for ease of visibility within player profiles.
Nomstuff
37,148
Nomstuff
113 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,502 posts
Last post: 20 Nov at 17:16
Posted on 23 January 16 at 15:17
Gummydrop said:Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but Reborn and Nomstuff are saying they're staff, but no where on the forum or on their profile does it suggest that. Should really think about giving these people a title or special badge to distinguish them, because it's impossible to tell. I see that TrueSteam has an admin badge, but it doesn't even display when he posts on the forums, only on his profile, and you have to look hard to even find that.TrueSteamAchievements Staff

However, I said I was staff on TrueAchievements, as did Reborn.
Gummydrop
141,603
Gummydrop
141,603 TrueSteamAchievement Points4 posts
Last post: 23 Jan at 21:22
Posted on 23 January 16 at 21:22
PrettzL said:In your account settings you can pick up to 2 badges to display next to your forum posts here on the forums, they can be whatever you want to display.

Staff shouldn't be required to display badges on their forum account that represents anything different from regular users though. Nobody should be treated any differently on the forums than anyone else as a matter of common courtesy. Especially by staff and especially to each other.

It's simple enough, as you've pointed out GummyDrop, to check the person's staff credentials by looking at their profile.

Though I would love to suggest that staff badges be a higher priority for displaying (maybe an unusual color compared to usual badge colors like an animating gradient?) or they be ahead of all the other badges a player can have (being furthest to the left ahead of rank and points on the leaderboards maybe?) to allow for ease of visibility within player profiles.
That's not what I was pointing out at all, in fact I was pointing out how NOT simple it is. There's a reason 99.9% of websites and forums give admins and moderators special identifiers, and it's not to make anyone feel special or different, It's so users like me can immediately see a poster, and know that person is a staff member. If I need to contact someone about something, I know I'm talking to someone in some kind of official capacity, and not an impostor.

Nomstuff said:Gummydrop said:Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but Reborn and Nomstuff are saying they're staff, but no where on the forum or on their profile does it suggest that. Should really think about giving these people a title or special badge to distinguish them, because it's impossible to tell. I see that TrueSteam has an admin badge, but it doesn't even display when he posts on the forums, only on his profile, and you have to look hard to even find that.TrueSteamAchievements Staff

However, I said I was staff on TrueAchievements, as did Reborn.
I don't know anything about this other website that's just called True Achievements, only know about this one, so I assumed you were talking about this site, I think you can understand how confusing this can be.

Which gets me back to my main point, it's too ambiguous who is and isn't a staff member. The staff page is useful, but I just think it's crazy there's no better way to distinguish these people at a glance.