Game Discussion: AdVenture Capitalist

How to gain money and angels really fast.

• Posted on 23 December 15 at 03:01
    You may be asking yourself how to gain money and angels really really fast? Well, just close out of the game and change your time to a day in 2034. Now, just open the app and you'll make a lot of money. With this i'm making 379 septillion every time as of now. This is legit and will not get you banned, only thing you are doing is changing the time on your computer to mass money!
    Just for the achievements!
  • squigysquigy63,498
    Posted on 12 January 16 at 03:01
    Currently 3 of the achievements associated with Earth are unobtainable outside of cheating. Even with time cheating they would take thousands of years to achieve. Previously they were easy to get, however outside of a game update they will be out of reach at this stage.
  • Posted on 27 January 16 at 02:30
    squigy said:Currently 3 of the achievements associated with Earth are unobtainable outside of cheating. Even with time cheating they would take thousands of years to achieve. Previously they were easy to get, however outside of a game update they will be out of reach at this stage.Well at least they work so you can get them quicker then before
    Just for the achievements!
  • Posted on 27 January 16 at 16:01
    Yeah but it makes the game really boring.
    And it's cheating so i'm against that.
  • Posted on 30 March 16 at 23:03
    LeFred said:Yeah but it makes the game really boring.
    And it's cheating so i'm against that.
    You actually find this game exciting without cheating? Ok.. I guess it takes all kinds to make this world.
  • PurePure433,364
    Posted on 31 March 16 at 00:01
    It is cheating though. You're modifying the time to gain an advantage and to post it on a website where that sort of thing is frowned upon is very foolish.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle107,550
    Posted on 31 March 16 at 01:54
    Since when is it frowned upon? It's not frowned upon to change your Xbox clock on TrueAchievements, so I don't see why it would be here.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 31 March 16 at 02:21
    As far as I understand it, via the Cheat Policy here it's not against the rules, unless I'm mistaken. Whether it should or shouldn't be is of course up for debate, but honestly, I don't see much of an issue with a game like this. That's just me though.
  • Posted on 31 March 16 at 02:48
    If you still need to actually play the game to unlock the achievements, a date/time change isn't in violation of our current policies.

I'm actually drafting a post for the investigations sub forum at the moment - I would like community input on a variety of situations which are currently punishable AND without punishment. It's taking longer to write than I had hoped simple because PC gaming is far more complex than consoles due to modding etc.
  • PurePure433,364
    Posted on 31 March 16 at 08:03
    How isn't it cheating though? You're modifying the time brackets to gain an advantage, I'm sure after a few times of doing this... you could in theory have the game complete rather rapidly. I'm aware of it on TA but still don't agree with it.

I can understand you want to speed it up as it's god awful slow now but this shouldn't even be a means of doing it. As you've said it's not breaking any rules here, I'll leave it at that.
  • Posted on 06 April 16 at 19:02
    Persevere said:How isn't it cheating though? You're modifying the time brackets to gain an advantage, I'm sure after a few times of doing this... you could in theory have the game complete rather rapidly. I'm aware of it on TA but still don't agree with it.How would you propose they track this is the problem. On all forms of consoles, across many different forums this action is not banned. One reason is it is hard to track. How would they tell the difference between people who PAID to speed up time and people who changed their clock? There is a difference between engineering a fix (changing your PC clock) and actually cheating. (3rd party application such as a trainer) I promise you, it is not "rapid" even if changing your clock. Currently, you cannot beat the game unless you have double your own life span. Or are willing to spend 2 years and roughly $18,000 on boosts. See http://imgur.com/a/ItgV3 and https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/comments/42faa1/h... for some reference. Remember the Calendar Man achievement in Batman? How do you propose they check who changed their timing from the time they bought the game as opposed to those who actually did it? My question refers to both consoles and PC. It would take too many man hours and is not worth in imo. If you are crafty enough to come up with a better way to do it, go for it! Unless that better way is something along the lines of a trainer I would say its allowed. But, as with all debates, that is just my thought.
    "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." -Nikola Tesla
  • Posted on 05 December 18 at 03:48
    Seem like they patched it, doesn't appear to work anymore.
  • Posted on 07 April 19 at 21:44, Edited on 08 April 19 at 13:18 by Andreas Teufel
    changing the clock IS considered cheating for that one game which you have to own for 5 years or something (idk the name, some walking simulator). so obviously it's always cheating, except maybe when a game specifically demands to change the clock (I've had one game accessing my desktop and adressing me by my first name recently, so anything is possible really)
  • Posted on 15 May 21 at 01:23
    You can no longer change the date because your account is connected to their server which keeps the time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads