Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Volunteer to Write a Walkthrough

• Posted on 06 June 17 at 20:59
    So if I upload a version I made and I would like to post the original unedited by anyone else version to a different site it's not oke?

Even with the wiki reasoning seems very unfair and I would not make any guides for on here.
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth362,436
    Posted on 12 June 17 at 09:34, Edited on 12 June 17 at 09:41 by thirtysmooth
    BinkieSmalls said:
    So if I upload a version I made and I would like to post the original unedited by anyone else version to a different site it's not oke?

Even with the wiki reasoning seems very unfair and I would not make any guides for on here.
    Hi all,

We've just made changes to our guidelines regarding copyright and intellectual property. We felt that we were being a little too restrictive on who owns the rights when publishing walkthroughs, so have decided to remove the following paragraph which featured on the Information on Walkthroughs page:

Once a walkthrough is published on TSA, it becomes TSA's intellectual property. The walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. If you put it on TSA, we don't want it reproduced on other sites. If you host another site and care to use a walkthrough, you're allowed to post a link to our site's walkthrough, but you are not allowed to copy and paste it.
    We've replaced it with the following:

When published, user-submitted walkthroughs remain the property of their respective owners. However, TSA reserves the right to edit or remove any written content related to the walkthroughs which are deemed misleading, inaccurate or inappropriate.
    This now means that you own the written content on our walkthroughs. We'd obviously like to keep your walkthroughs exclusively on TSA, however you can reproduce them on other sites as you see fit.

If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please get in touch with me via PM.

EDIT: Please note that this change affects TrueSteamAchievements' walkthroughs only.
  • Posted on 24 June 17 at 15:03
    Nice to see that the rules are changed in favor of the creator.

I will soon make some walkthrough to add to the site.
  • PsyMarPsyMar163,969
    Posted on 18 July 17 at 06:23
    I'm interested in starting/writing one for Super Win The Game, which is sadly devoid of textual walkthroughs online.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnc.
    Posted on 18 July 17 at 07:47
    PsyMar said:
    I'm interested in starting/writing one for Super Win The Game, which is sadly devoid of textual walkthroughs online.
    Please check your PM's.
  • Posted on 01 August 17 at 02:24
    Hello everybody reading this message. For those it might interest, I recently learnt that there aren't any written walkthroughs for the following Artifex Mundi instalments:

-Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

-Grim Legends 2: Song Of The Dark Swan

This is my first-ever reply to anything in regards to suggestions, however I have strongly relied on such written walkthroughs for these types of titles. If anybody could be so kind to create a detailed walkthrough for these titles, particularly Eventide 2, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your attention.
    Gilfam9093
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 17 at 00:56
    Could I do a walkthrough on Loading Screen Simulator?
    You crack me up, little buddy.
  • VRGVRG39,286
    Posted on 09 August 17 at 15:45
    I have completed and would like to publish walkthroughs for any or all of the following games.

Transmissions: Element 120
    Super Duper Flying Genocide 2017
    Mr.President!
    Rage Parking Simulator 2016
    Running Through Russia
    Super Duper Party Pooper
    There's Poop In My Soup
    The Swapper
    The Turing Test
    The Walking Dead: Season 1
    To the Moon
    Hexcells
    Her Story

I will keep all the Walkthroughs Up-to-date and I will even be involved with the community.
    Thank you.
    VRG
    Posted on 09 August 17 at 19:05
    VRG said:
    I have completed and would like to publish walkthroughs for any or all of the following games.

Mr.President!
    Running Through Russia
    Super Duper Party Pooper
    There's Poop In My Soup
    The Swapper
    The Turing Test
    To the Moon
    Hexcells
    Her Story

I will keep all the Walkthroughs Up-to-date and I will even be involved with the community.
    Thank you.
    Thanks for your interest, but could you let me know which one you'd like to write first, please?
  • VRGVRG39,286
    Posted on 10 August 17 at 15:40
    thirtysmooth said:
    VRG said:

Mr.President!
    Running Through Russia
    Super Duper Party Pooper
    There's Poop In My Soup
    The Swapper
    The Turing Test
    To the Moon
    Hexcells
    Her Story

Thank you.
    Thanks for your interest, but could you let me know which one you'd like to write first, please?
    Hmm... After having a look at the most searched games for walkthroughs, I would like to start with The Turing Test. And then maybe Transmissions: Element 120.
    VRG
    Posted on 23 August 17 at 07:43
    VRG said:
    Hmm... After having a look at the most searched games for walkthroughs, I would like to start with The Turing Test. And then maybe Transmissions: Element 120.
    Please check your PM's.
  • tintmylftintmylf221,307
    Posted on 26 August 17 at 22:35
    I'd like to write another walkthrough. Batman: Arkham VR this time.
  • Posted on 29 August 17 at 02:17, Edited on 29 August 17 at 02:22 by IronInfidel47
    Just created my account today to link it with TA, where I've already written about ten walkthroughs. It's unfortunate to see that TSA is far less active, and I think having more walkthroughs, solutions, etc should at least give TSA a bit more attention. It might take me a long time, but I'd like to try my hand at Sid Meier's Civilization V if you'd let me.

EDIT: I'm not sure this is allowed, but I feel like it is since TSA and TA are sister sites; I've written the walkthroughs for the entire Just Cause series, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, and have a Sonic Mania WT in review for TA right now. Is it possible for me to just link/copy those walkthroughs here even though I don't have the games on Steam?
    Posted on 05 September 17 at 08:55
    tintmylf said:
    I'd like to write another walkthrough. Batman: Arkham VR this time.
    Please check your PM's.

IronInfidel47 said:
    Just created my account today to link it with TA, where I've already written about ten walkthroughs. It's unfortunate to see that TSA is far less active, and I think having more walkthroughs, solutions, etc should at least give TSA a bit more attention. It might take me a long time, but I'd like to try my hand at Sid Meier's Civilization V if you'd let me.

EDIT: I'm not sure this is allowed, but I feel like it is since TSA and TA are sister sites; I've written the walkthroughs for the entire Just Cause series, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, and have a Sonic Mania WT in review for TA right now. Is it possible for me to just link/copy those walkthroughs here even though I don't have the games on Steam?
    You have earned 28 out of a possible 119 achievements for Civ V. Would you deem yourself knowledgeable enough to write a walkthrough on how o earn all 119 achievements for this game?

Regarding your second point - in order to port walkthroughs over from TA/TT, you'll need to be sure that the mechanics of the game do not differ on PC from their console equivalents. If they do, you'll need to make sure that this is reflected in the walkthrough.
  • Posted on 09 September 17 at 10:44, Edited on 09 September 17 at 10:44 by IronInfidel47
    thirtysmooth said:
    IronInfidel47 said:

You have earned 28 out of a possible 119 achievements for Civ V. Would you deem yourself knowledgeable enough to write a walkthrough on how o earn all 119 achievements for this game?

Regarding your second point - in order to port walkthroughs over from TA/TT, you'll need to be sure that the mechanics of the game do not differ on PC from their console equivalents. If they do, you'll need to make sure that this is reflected in the walkthrough.
    That's a good point on Civ, maybe I'll wait on that until after I've played it more. As for the TA walkthroughs, I can easily reword stuff so that the 360/One button controls aren't existent in them. I guess I'll start with porting Sonic Mania first, since that just came out, but if you'll give me access to all of them at once (since it should be really easy to port them here anyway) I'll be able to push them out really quick. I think that'd be better than waiting for one to be in review before moving another one along. If you're cool with that idea I'll send you a list of the stuff I've written for.

For games without achievements, like Sonic 1, would a walkthrough just consist of how to get an in-game 100% or how to progress through the story and stuff like that?
  • Posted on 10 September 17 at 19:06
    Could I port over my Late Shift walkthrough from TT. I'd change it for here no bother :)
    Posted on 11 September 17 at 10:03
    Both of you above have been set up, so please check your PM's.
  • Posted on 19 September 17 at 03:30
    Just sent Sonic Mania in for review; if it meets standards, I'd like to have the Sonic Generations walkthrough next; I'm in the middle of rewriting it for TA right now, so I may as well kill two birds with one stone.
    Posted on 19 September 17 at 07:36
    IronInfidel47 said:
    Just sent Sonic Mania in for review; if it meets standards, I'd like to have the Sonic Generations walkthrough next; I'm in the middle of rewriting it for TA right now, so I may as well kill two birds with one stone.
    Sure, check your PM's.
  • axisz8008axisz800838,819
    Posted on 28 September 17 at 22:57
    Hello! I would be interested in writing a walkthrough for "Welcome to the Game".
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads