Site Wishlist Archive

Site Wishlist Archive

Use TA's method of "completion percentage" calculations

• WraithTDKWraithTDK22,710
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 13:37
    I would GREATLY prefer it if "completion percentage" was calculated the same way here that it is on TA classic - that is to say, a game doesn't start counting until you've popped at least 1 achievement.
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:09
    But it still showed up and if you've played it and haven't scored an achievement. I like to idle games for trading cards, for example; which has resulted in me having an achievement ratio of 4%, which would be closer to 50% if the games I only idled were removed.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,921
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:27
    WraithTDK said:But it still showed up and if you've played it and haven't scored an achievement. I like to idle games for trading cards, for example; which has resulted in me having an achievement ratio of 4%, which would be closer to 50% if the games I only idled were removed.Focus on the We may change this in the future. It's a level of complexity that can be added at a later date but for beta purposes it's simpler to work with the scanner code when that complexity is excluded.
    Life, it's funny that way.
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:35
    I suppose so, but the title of this forum is "wishlist" not "tell us what is most crucial."
  • Posted on 03 December 15 at 06:29, Edited on 03 December 15 at 06:29 by Novelistic
    I agree 100% with you Wraith. I would REALLY like to see this feature implemented.
    -- Novelistic
  • DefiniaDefinia40,759
    Posted on 06 December 15 at 15:37
    I wish I knew this before I played a very ittle bit of Europa Universalis IV without popping a cheevo. It adds 170 achievements :(
  • Posted on 09 December 15 at 00:41
    Why? Some games have achievements where only 2% of steam users that have the game have it like the Stanley Parable Demo, therefor no need to change the current way!
    Just for the achievements!
    Posted on 14 December 15 at 14:42
    speedygamers901 said:Why? Some games have achievements where only 2% of steam users that have the game have it like the Stanley Parable Demo, therefor no need to change the current way!What does that even remotely have to do with what I'm suggesting?
  • SpilnerSpilner1,964
    Posted on 14 December 15 at 19:20
    It likes to post in threads for the sake of posting to bump its worthless post count just like it did on TA
    Its that guy from the thing in the place.
  • Posted on 14 December 15 at 21:56, Edited on 14 December 15 at 21:59 by speedygamers901
    WraithTDK said:speedygamers901 said:Why? Some games have achievements where only 2% of steam users that have the game have it like the Stanley Parable Demo, therefor no need to change the current way!What does that even remotely have to do with what I'm suggesting?WraithTDK said:I would GREATLY prefer it if "completion percentage" was calculated the same way here that it is on TA classic - that is to say, a game doesn't start counting until you've popped at least 1 achievement.It means that games with 1 achievement and the achievement is rare the ratios are going to be low like 10 when in reality it's probably 20

Spilner said:It likes to post in threads for the sake of posting to bump its worthless post count just like it did on TAI'd probably be in the 150-200 mark if I did that.
  • DarukDaruk178,165
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 12:15
    speedygamers901 said:WraithTDK said:I would GREATLY prefer it if "completion percentage" was calculated the same way here that it is on TA classic - that is to say, a game doesn't start counting until you've popped at least 1 achievement.It means that games with 1 achievement and the achievement is rare the ratios are going to be low like 10 when in reality it's probably 20I totally agree this point of view! I guess it has to stay like it is now!
    And it will maybe help the players who just launched the game to PLAY the game!! smile
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 15 at 13:23
    Same goes for people who've only launched the game to idle for card drops
  • DarukDaruk178,165
    Posted on 15 December 15 at 15:07
    A good example of what was saying speedygamers901 is:
    World of Goo Achievements
    This game only have 8 achievements, but even the easiest one is pretty hard to unlock (finish the whole game).
    It worths 25 pts, and I'm sure it deserve these points!
    This game doesn't have cards to drop, so the players who have launched the game had played it! And only 16% of them unlocked the 1st achievement!
    If you change the completion calculation system, as Wraith asked, the 1st achievement of each game will become 10 pts! And it's non-sense for me!
    ----- TiCyrillou
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 02:22
    TiCyrillou said:A good example of what was saying speedygamers901 is:
    This game only have 8 achievements, but even the easiest one is pretty hard to unlock (finish the whole game).
    This game doesn't have cards to drop, so the players who have launched the game had played it! And only 16% of them unlocked the 1st achievement!
    If you change the completion calculation system, as Wraith asked, the 1st achievement of each game will become 10 pts! And it's non-sense for me!
    It's total nonsense since only 16% of the people add to it, especially when finding the true ratio of achievements for a game like that!
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 14:50
    speedygamers901 said:WraithTDK said:speedygamers901 said:Why? Some games have achievements where only 2% of steam users that have the game have it like the Stanley Parable Demo, therefor no need to change the current way!What does that even remotely have to do with what I'm suggesting?WraithTDK said:I would GREATLY prefer it if "completion percentage" was calculated the same way here that it is on TA classic - that is to say, a game doesn't start counting until you've popped at least 1 achievement.It means that games with 1 achievement and the achievement is rare the ratios are going to be low like 10 when in reality it's probably 20So what you're saying is that for the sake of the rare games in which the average person playing the game can't get a single achievement, we're going to, essentially, artificially inflate the value of everything else.

The whole point of the TSA ratio to figure out what an achievement should be worth, based on - to the best of our ability to reliably calculate - the relative difficulty. We count how many people have the game and measure that against how many people have the achievement. The idea being that if 5,000 people have the game, and only 5 people have earned a particular achievement in it, that achievement must be pretty hard, because only .1% of all people who have played the game have managed to get it.

The thing is, with the way we're doing it now, every person who uses a program like idle master - which logs you as playing a game in your library - to grind trading cards, or every person who starts up a game and leaves it running while they're at work or while they sleep for the same reason, or every person who started a game, played it for 5 minutes, thought "wow, this sucks" and never touched it again; is going to be used in that calculation. It makes the value MUCH less meaningful.
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 15:43
    I totally agree, I at least think it should be used how it is, but it should be counted for 0 achievements if they played it for 10-20 min and not just letting it idle. +1 to your (^) comment above.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,667
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 16:49
    TiCyrillou said:A good example of what was saying speedygamers901 is:
    I didn't play it, I booted it for 5 minutes, and it's on here. There will be others like that.
  • Posted on 24 December 15 at 09:17
    This looks like a perfect opportunity for a site vote!
  • SpilnerSpilner1,964
    Posted on 24 December 15 at 12:52
    TrueSteam said:This looks like a perfect opportunity for a site vote!I think I know how it will end too.
    Its that guy from the thing in the place.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,921
    Posted on 24 December 15 at 15:40
    TrueSteam said:This looks like a perfect opportunity for a site vote!How did I know this was coming? ;)
    Life, it's funny that way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads