Site Wishlist Archive

Site Wishlist Archive

Use TA's method of "completion percentage" calculations

• WraithTDKWraithTDK23,185
    Posted on 24 December 15 at 17:17, Edited on 24 December 15 at 17:18 by WraithTDK
    TrueSteam said:This looks like a perfect opportunity for a site vote!Sounds good to me. Put up both sides of the argument - "artificial inflation of achievement value and giving people a MUCH lower completion ratio than is accurate" Vs. "not getting the full value of games where most people can't earn even 1 achievement" - and let the community vote. I'm confident they'll agree with me on this one.
    Posted on 18 February 16 at 21:02
    And now we CAN vote on it, sweet! smile
  • alphabetalphabet823,005
    Posted on 19 February 16 at 11:33
    The switch should've already been made. Try idling in a random game that you haven't started and it shouldn't count to your Completion Percentage. I'd check manually, but this site doesn't exactly make it easy with large accounts.
    However, games logged before the switch remain unchanged and still do count to your Completion Percentage.

So basically, if you joined early, your account is a mess of both methods smile
    Posted on 19 February 16 at 12:17
    alphabet said:
    The switch should've already been made. Try idling in a random game that you haven't started and it shouldn't count to your Completion Percentage. I'd check manually, but this site doesn't exactly make it easy with large accounts.
    However, games logged before the switch remain unchanged and still do count to your Completion Percentage.

So basically, if you joined early, your account is a mess of both methods smile
    Oh FFS. Lucky me; I've got 503 achievements, and my completion percentage is 10%. It'd be nice if there was a way to re-scan that.
  • Posted on 06 March 16 at 14:20
    This is a bit of a mess. Apparently according to my homepage i've played 31 games at 7% completion but clicking on the 31 games link takes me to my games list where i've played 21 games for 17% completion.

We need the option to not include games we haven't unlocked an achievement in.
  • VeilorVeilor53,468
    Posted on 06 March 16 at 16:17
    Jaffa_Cake_King said:This is a bit of a mess. Apparently according to my homepage i've played 31 games at 7% completion but clicking on the 31 games link takes me to my games list where i've played 21 games for 17% completion.

This is how it works now, but people that registered early still have this. Try asking for a full rescan of your profile and see if that works Post here to request a Full ReScan.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,963
    Posted on 06 March 16 at 17:52
    When did it change?
    Its that guy from the thing in the place.
  • VeilorVeilor53,468
    Posted on 06 March 16 at 19:35
    Spilner said:When did it change?I don't know but I have a few games with only time in it, no achievements and they aren't tracked in "Games played". Those there are those scanned in before the change. Try it yourself with any game.
  • RebornReborn75,020
    Posted on 07 March 16 at 09:20
    That explains a few things.
    Moderator here on TSA | Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
    Posted on 07 March 16 at 10:49
    Spilner said:
    When did it change?
    When I checked earlier based on games I've idled for cards, it was some time within the first few days of January. It didn't seem to happen immediately though, I have games I idled on the 3rd that aren't counting, but ones one the 4th that are counting facepalm
  • Posted on 07 March 16 at 20:06
    Veilor said:Jaffa_Cake_King said:This is a bit of a mess. Apparently according to my homepage i've played 31 games at 7% completion but clicking on the 31 games link takes me to my games list where i've played 21 games for 17% completion.

This is how it works now, but people that registered early still have this. Try asking for a full rescan of your profile and see if that works Post here to request a Full ReScan.
    Thanks for the info but a full rescan didn't fix my problem.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• Posted on 08 March 16 at 07:17
    We're working on fixing this today!
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 15:13
    TrueSteam said:
    We're working on fixing this today!
    Yay! That's awesome news! clap
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 15:36
    OK so this is slightly more complicated than I thought.

The question we need to ask is do we want to consider a game played (and therefore include all it;s stats) the moment you have some play time for it.

If we do then it's working as expected currently.

If not then we need to remove those records until someone earns at least one achievement ("the TA way") and move the time played information to a different table.

The latter is quite a big change!
  • Posted on 08 March 16 at 15:49, Edited on 08 March 16 at 16:16 by Jaffa_Cake_King
    Personally i prefer the TA way of it only counting if you've unlocked an achievement.

For me i've got Train Simulator on my TSA stats even though i haven't unlocked an achievement and i never intend to as it has over 800 of them! That is seriously affecting my completion percentage.
  • RebornReborn75,020
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 16:04
    I think the community would be much happier if it was the universal "TA way"
    Moderator here on TSA | Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • thirtysmooththirtysmooth361,688
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 16:13
    TA way please, Rich. My completion percentage thanks you wink
  • VeilorVeilor53,468
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 16:49
    Yeah it would be best for it to be the TA way across all the sites, but somehow have time played added somewhere else. Atleast for me games with only time stopped being added couple months ago anyway.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads