Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Scan troubles

AuthorMessage
TimeSyphon
TimeSyphon
Posted on 13 November 15 at 23:00
I can't seem to get my profile to scan. Initially my profile was set to private, which I have changed but i don't know if that creates a bug. I can initiate scans, my tag shows in the scanner4 list, but thus far the site thinks I have no games and that I haven't been scanned. Last attempt was 17:51:25 and it does not have a Y under private, does have a Y under scanned.
Thomic Fallon
Posted on 14 November 15 at 12:34, Edited on 14 November 15 at 12:41 by Thomic Fallon
I have the same problem. I show up in the scanner4 list, no Y under private yet my profile says I have yet to be scanned (even though I've requested scans) and there is a constant loading icon next to my name which says that it's updating my achievements. I don't know if my username makes a difference. When I signed up I automatically used my XBL Gamertag name while my profile name on Steam misses the Thomic part, I don't know if that can cause any issues.
Jack
Jack
Posted on 11 December 15 at 16:57
Thanks for raising a report, and sorry for the delayed response. I've forced a full update on both of your profiles, so you should see all of the games appear momentarily. smile
stubbscroll
stubbscroll
Posted on 14 December 15 at 10:48
I'd like a full update on my profile as well. My profile was also private at first, and subsequent scans only pick up the 5 most recent games or so. I'm missing around 2800 achievements on TSA.
HukuTocuk
HukuTocuk
Posted on 15 December 15 at 16:49
my profile is clean and long on my home page I only see one game
Jack
Jack
Posted on 16 December 15 at 13:41
I'll take a look at this now, HukuTocuk.
stubbscroll
stubbscroll
Posted on 18 December 15 at 09:58, Edited on 18 December 15 at 10:16 by stubbscroll
Sorry for bumping, but could you run a full update on my profile? My profile has never been fully scanned, as it was set to private when the initial scan was performed. I'm missing around 2800 achievements and ~200 games.
Exatos Lee
Exatos Lee
Posted on 22 December 15 at 17:02
one game in my profile, my steam profile was set to private at first, changed to public and forced a full update. still one game in my TrueSteam profile
Zephyr
Zephyr
Posted on 22 December 15 at 19:18, Edited on 23 December 15 at 12:14 by Zephyr
Same here. Didn't know my Steam profile had to be public until after I signed up. Changed it, but am only showing 2 games on my profile.
I read on another thread that it might be only reading recently played games, so I fired up a bunch of games on Steam to get them added to my recently played list, only to find out that I've run out of scan requests! So I don't yet know if that has worked or not. facepalm

Edit: Turns out it worked! Adding games to your recently played list on Steam gets them to show up here!
So now I just have to fire up every other game in my Steam library... Meh, can wait until they fix it. ;)
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield".
stubbscroll
stubbscroll
Posted on 23 December 15 at 18:11, Edited on 23 December 15 at 18:16 by stubbscroll
It seems that the initial scan (which requires a public profile) scans everything while subsequent scans check the 5 most recently played games. If the profile is private at the time of the initial scan (after registration), the only opportunity for a full scan is "wasted".

I'm hoping the admins can fix this for me as well by doing a full scan, so I won't have to install and start around 200 games again.
PROVOKINGASTORM
Posted on 24 December 15 at 05:48
Sorry to be a bother, but I am also experiencing the same issue. My profile has 0 games and 0 achievements, when I signed on 12/21. I tried requesting an update each day with no success. I went back to make sure my Steam profile is public. It is. I also checked the scanner logs. It said my profile was valid. Thanks for any help!
TrueSteam
Posted on 24 December 15 at 09:04
Hi guys

Have spared some time away from veg prep for tomorrow to look into this now.

Hold tight :)
TrueSteam
Posted on 24 December 15 at 09:14
OK, update time....

stubbscroll said:It seems that the initial scan (which requires a public profile) scans everything while subsequent scans check the 5 most recently played games. If the profile is private at the time of the initial scan (after registration), the only opportunity for a full scan is "wasted".

I'm hoping the admins can fix this for me as well by doing a full scan, so I won't have to install and start around 200 games again.
This is true to a certain extent - we still recheck your full profile every 7 days to make sure we haven't missed anything. And I've also now just added another check to see if we have a total games count of zero for you on subsequent scans, in which case it will do a full scan again.

The reason we do this is perfectly explained by your profile - you have over 2700 games on it! On a full scan each of those gets checked to see if there's any additional achievements - that's about 10 minutes of scan time just for your account alone!

However, we'll continue to improve this system as we move forward. The most important thing is that we don't miss any games or achievements for anyone while still allowing people to be scanned regularly, so that will be the focus.

provokingastorm said:Sorry to be a bother, but I am also experiencing the same issue. My profile has 0 games and 0 achievements, when I signed on 12/21. I tried requesting an update each day with no success. I went back to make sure my Steam profile is public. It is. I also checked the scanner logs. It said my profile was valid. Thanks for any help!You are fixed now smile
Reichstadt
Reichstadt
Posted on 25 December 15 at 09:31
I have 43 games with achievements in Steam but only 39 in my profile (registered today)
Maluno
Maluno
Posted on 26 December 15 at 09:56
I'd like to request a full scan here as well. Like others, when I first registered my profile on Steam was set to private, but changed shortly after.

So I set it to public, and requested a new scan last night. This morning it says I have 12 games (I actually have 671 games on Steam), which seems to be the stuff under the 'Recently Played', and nothing else.
steve da monk
Posted on 27 December 15 at 16:07
my profile isn't showing any games either my account is set to public and ive requested scans everyday for the last 6 days but to no joy i though it might be due to my large library of games but reading this i think i might have the same issues as others here
Thirock
Thirock
Posted on 31 December 15 at 15:49
I'm having the same problem of not being able to sync the account. They talk to switch to public, but I do not know where to change.
TrueSteam
Posted on 31 December 15 at 16:36
Everyone above me should be fixed within a couple of minutes...
RenegadePanda17
Posted on 01 January 16 at 23:05
I need a forced full scan as well due to my profile being private at sign up.
Posted on 01 January 16 at 23:13
RenegadePanda17 said:I need a forced full scan as well due to my profile being private at sign up.Done
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.