Investigations Questions Forum

Question for the Investigations Team? Please remember to keep posts civil, abusive posts can result in loss of posting privileges. Posts in this forum can be read by anyone on the site. Please do not attempt to hijack a thread by posting information not relevant to the original post, start a new thread instead.

when i played ffx-2 hd to unlock sweet perfection early

AuthorMessage
zMrsMakda
zMrsMakda
1,893 TrueSteamAchievement Points2 posts
Last post: 24 Aug at 18:14
Posted on 24 August 16 at 18:08, Edited on 24 August 16 at 18:23 by zMrsMakda
i did invest over 200 hours worth of playtime offline at 1st to earn my achievements in the intended order its supposed to be without synching it to the steam server for a timestamp. is it cheating when you come up with the idea to uninstall steam out of your computer & reinstall again to sign into my account ensuring i no longer have my prior ffx-2 unlocked achievements i earned offline but still have access to my 200+ hr gamesaves which is maintained. becuase thats what i did to unlock sweet perfection without the prerequites for a good laugh, but given that other people are going to see me as a cheater that i resigned someone elses gamesave which i didnt in any way shape or form. i wouldnt want to be penelized for this if theres any other rare person in my situation. so i just wanted to clarify if this was cheating
zMrsMakda
zMrsMakda
1,893 TrueSteamAchievement Points2 posts
Last post: 24 Aug at 18:14
Posted on 24 August 16 at 18:14
also if someone unlocked 30 achievements offline after 100+ hrs playing either ffx & ffx-2 & the steam servers timestamp them all on consecutive close seconds when you go online. thats what i fear too when people see others as a cheater & i assure you that i didnt use steam achievement manager for this
cloelea
cloelea
27,737 TrueSteamAchievement Points3 posts
Last post: 01 Sep at 04:01
Posted on 24 August 16 at 20:20, Edited on 27 August 16 at 16:03 by cloelea
yep im in a similar situation. final fantasy x & x-2 hd really has me alarmed given that i poured in 150+ hrs offline grinding my leftover intended achievements in ffx only for the steam servers to sync timestamps on 10 achievments consecutively marked at 19:09 for example. people will use this claim to think i cheated those achievements using steam achievement manager which i didnt, but i do understand why they feel that way & thats why im here to clarify when i decided to turn my wifi on & have my steam profile go online with this result during my chocobo ballon minigame at calm lands to earn my 0.0.0 achievement. i certainly dont want to be in trouble for this either
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
cloelea
cloelea
Posted on 31 August 16 at 22:10, Edited on 01 September 16 at 04:28 by cloelea
since i got the update in my inbox that ive been filed for disperate achievements on ff5, ff7, layers of fear, outlast & finally ffx/ffx-2. its true others will perceive that i cheated using sam or any other mods not ingame which i didnt. i dedicated so much hrs offline earning my above intended achievements with my wifi turned off & it really scares me & other offline players to know that when i conenct back online for steam to sync these offline achievements in their server. they'll always update with consecutive timestamps on the same time & thats when the cheating accusations come in. im sharing this publicly because im sure theres someone else in my situation & in 7 days when they decide that my tracking privillages has been taken away. i dont want things to end like this.
cloelea
cloelea
Posted on 01 September 16 at 04:01, Edited on 01 September 16 at 16:02 by cloelea
the outcome wouldve been better if steams server didnt update offline achievements with timestamps & just left it the way it was like xbox 360s. so those wrongfully accused as cheaters would be lessened & the most common way to determine cheaters is if they unlocked online only achievements offline or used other editors to mod timestamps that cant edit miliseconds which gives it away
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.