Bug Reports Archive

An archive for the Bug Reports forum

Scan not picking up achievements

• Fixed
  • NognirNognir12,691
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 14:08
    I have the problem with the game Alien Swarm.

I collected five or six achievements yet, but he doesn't count any of them.
    Any suggestions?
  • Snarf2934Snarf293421,150
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 10:49
    Snarf2934 said:The scanner is picking up three achievements as off-line that were popped yesterday from Time Clickers:

Unlocked Dec 20 @ 6:29pm
    Defender 4
    Beat Wave 100

Unlocked Dec 20 @ 6:29pm
    Major General 1
    Defeat Wave 100 Boss

Unlocked Dec 20 @ 3:14pm
    Squad 5
    Get Team DPS to 10.0a
    I tried manually scanning 3 times yesterday and they were not picked up until today by the site and came over as offline.
    Do I need to be fully scanned again to get the achievements to register with the correct time date stamps that match Steam?
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,949
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 10:57
    I think that's a title specific problem - mine are showing as offline as well.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • BatteryDieBatteryDie226,713
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• Posted on 24 December 15 at 21:00
    TheIcemanSteameth said:I signed up back in October and I still haven't gotten my first scan to work. My home page still shows the "spinner" and it shows no games or achievements at all. I don't have much on the Steam side but I'd still like this stuff to work.Mine is now fixed. One of the Managers had to do a force scan.
  • SkullSkull238,877
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 06:05
    Scan problems have not gone away since beta. There are some achievements and games scanner simply does not pick up no matter what.

It seems I bugged some more achievements from scanning ever again yesterday. What I did: got achievements in the Steam, went to true achievements and initiated manual scan and closed the scan page before it had finished. Since then auto scan and manual scans don't find these achievements as completed. It seems like scanner ignores time period it marked as scanned and doesn't re-scan it again?
    Not the first time this has happened.

Some sort of force-re-scan-everything once a month or something would be very much appreciated.
  • ZephyrZephyr41,474
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 10:48
    My "Lunatic" achievement in Outlast is not picking up. I unlocked it yesterday afternoon, completing the game, and have been scanned a few times since, but no joy. cry
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield".
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,949
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 15:56, Edited on 27 December 15 at 15:57 by JMJimmy
    Skull said:Since then auto scan and manual scans don't find these achievements as completed. It seems like scanner ignores time period it marked as scanned and doesn't re-scan it again?
    That's sort of what happened with my Emily is Away achievement... I popped it, scanned it right away, but it didn't get picked up. I figured I'd scanned it before Steam had a chance to update or something but then it could not be picked up at all after that, forced scan or not.
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 18:44
    Skull said:Scan problems have not gone away since beta. There are some achievements and games scanner simply does not pick up no matter what.

It seems I bugged some more achievements from scanning ever again yesterday. What I did: got achievements in the Steam, went to true achievements and initiated manual scan and closed the scan page before it had finished. Since then auto scan and manual scans don't find these achievements as completed. It seems like scanner ignores time period it marked as scanned and doesn't re-scan it again?

Some sort of force-re-scan-everything once a month or something would be very much appreciated.
    I agree with, "Some sort of force-re-scan-everything once a month or something would be very much appreciated". It does seem that a periodic re-scan to pick up the discrepancies between TrueSteamAchivements and Steam, to ensure that they get corrected.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,949
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 19:38
    Snarf2934 said:Skull said:Scan problems have not gone away since beta. There are some achievements and games scanner simply does not pick up no matter what.

I agree with, "Some sort of force-re-scan-everything once a month or something would be very much appreciated". It does seem that a periodic re-scan to pick up the discrepancies between TrueSteamAchivements and Steam, to ensure that they get corrected.
    Scans are done on a daily basis for every active user (inactive users are once a week I believe). These scans look at recent activity and do a 'best effort' scan (at least on TA, not fully sure how they're handling it on TSA due to multiple data sources). Then a 'forced' scan should do a complete recheck of everything (again, that's how it works on TA, could vary slightly on TSA).
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 13:15
    I just know that on December 20th and 21st my achievements came over as off-line and with different time date stamps then what is on Steam. It happened on December 4th and they had to do something to fix it back then.
  • Posted on 29 December 15 at 16:12
    I think part of the recent problem is that the Steam Web API was down for a few hours on the 26th/27th, so I think any achievements earned/scanned(?) in that time are for some reason not being picked up.
  • Posted on 29 December 15 at 16:45
    Skull said:Some sort of force-re-scan-everything once a month or something would be very much appreciated.This is actually supposed to happen automatically once every week for each user (including fixing timestamps). We can look to adjust it though....
  • Posted on 31 December 15 at 03:24
    scanners not picking up the game called the deed I played it and got all the achivments about a week ago but its still not showing the game or achivments
    ian hayes
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 December 15 at 07:29
    MUGZ said:scanners not picking up the game called the deed I played it and got all the achivments about a week ago but its still not showing the game or achivmentsThe Deed
    Games missing achievements
    STAR WARS!
  • ZephyrZephyr41,474
    Posted on 31 December 15 at 22:12, Edited on 04 January 16 at 13:24 by Zephyr
    Ergo Me Smart said:I think part of the recent problem is that the Steam Web API was down for a few hours on the 26th/27th, so I think any achievements earned/scanned(?) in that time are for some reason not being picked up.Well that's some bad luck right there. angry

Is this going to be fixed any time soon?

It near breaks my heart to have Outlast showing as one very hard-earned achievement away from completion, when I HAVE done it. It's showing on my Steam profile no problem. cry

Edit: TSA did a full scan and is now fixed! Woooo!
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield".
    Posted on 03 January 16 at 21:10
    It looks like the game Time Clickers always scans as Off-Line on TSA even so it is played On-Line. Not sure why this certain title is having issues and other games that I have played do not have these issues.
  • Posted on 05 January 16 at 14:56
    So this bug affects only certain achievements?

I got the
    Dungeon DefendersDefense Is the Best OffenseThe Defense Is the Best Offense achievement in Dungeon Defenders worth 44 pointsReached Wave 10 on all levels in Pure Strategy on at least Medium Difficulty
    last week in Steam and am unable to get TSA to see it.

However last night I got the
    Ticket to RideModest EntrepreneurThe Modest Entrepreneur achievement in Ticket to Ride worth 30 pointsWin without any of the 2 bonuses (in Mega variant).
    and TSA picked it up just fine.

I have manually scanned at least once each day and can't get the DD achievement to pop. I was going to try unlocking more in that game next...
  • Posted on 05 January 16 at 15:29
    Snarf2934 said:
    It looks like the game Time Clickers always scans as Off-Line on TSA even so it is played On-Line. Not sure why this certain title is having issues and other games that I have played do not have these issues.
    This only affects some titles, there's unfortunately nothing we can do to pick up the stamps..Bananas1180 said:
    So this bug affects only certain achievements?

I got the
    Dungeon DefendersDefense Is the Best OffenseThe Defense Is the Best Offense achievement in Dungeon Defenders worth 44 pointsReached Wave 10 on all levels in Pure Strategy on at least Medium Difficulty
    last week in Steam and am unable to get TSA to see it.

However last night I got the
    Ticket to RideModest EntrepreneurThe Modest Entrepreneur achievement in Ticket to Ride worth 30 pointsWin without any of the 2 bonuses (in Mega variant).
    and TSA picked it up just fine.

I have manually scanned at least once each day and can't get the DD achievement to pop. I was going to try unlocking more in that game next...
    Just requested a complete profile update for you, let us know if it sorts it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads