Bug Reports Archive

An archive for the Bug Reports forum

Limited Account Tracking

• Not a bug
  • WebChimp UK
  • Posted on 22 October 15 at 18:13
    Apologies if this has been addressed but is there any issues relating to scanning Limited Accounts.

I only signed up to Steam the other day and, because I'm yet to spend $5, I have a Limited Account.

I've unlocked the single achievement in The Plan Achievements but it doesn't seem to be scanning in. Could this be due to the Limited status?
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • RebornReborn75,035
    Posted on 22 October 15 at 19:08
    I think because of how many people out there make "ALT" accounts for things like TF2 and CSGO, until you spend that $5 your account is seen as somewhat as malicious.

Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:
    ◾Sending friend invites
    ◾Opening group chat
    ◾Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
    ◾Participating in the Steam Market
    ◾Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
    ◾Gaining Steam Profile Levels (Locked to level 0) and Trading Cards
    ◾Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
    ◾Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
    ◾Accessing the Steam Web API
    ◾Using browser and mobile chat
    ◾Adding public artwork and screenshots
    Nice
  • Posted on 22 October 15 at 20:11, Edited on 22 October 15 at 20:12 by ChewieOnIce
    Yeh I'd seen that and it makes sense but I wondered if that was the reason I wasn't getting scanned? Presumably due to the API restrictions?

If so, is it possible to see who has limited accounts and display that with an icon or something? That way people would be able to see clearly why they aren't scanning, similarly to the privacy setting icon.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,678
    Posted on 22 October 15 at 20:25
    that is why you can't be scanned.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy48,949
    Posted on 22 October 15 at 21:47
    ChewieOnIce said:Yeh I'd seen that and it makes sense but I wondered if that was the reason I wasn't getting scanned? Presumably due to the API restrictions?

If so, is it possible to see who has limited accounts and display that with an icon or something? That way people would be able to see clearly why they aren't scanning, similarly to the privacy setting icon.
    Spend $7.46, pick yourself up Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas and all's good in the world ;)
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 23 October 15 at 12:09, Edited on 23 October 15 at 12:09 by ChewieOnIce
    Yeh my point wasn't around me in particular. In general if people come here expecting to be scanned but can't because they are limited, it would be good to show that with an icon if possible, similar to how people have an icon when privacy settings are blocking it. Or at least something in the FAQ.

EDIT: Having said all that though, it looks like I've now scanned in anyway so the whole limited thing doesn't appear to apply anyway. Was seemingly just a general scanning issue. Therefore everything above can be ignored. rock
  • JackJack7,901
    Posted on 23 October 15 at 15:40
    Yup, the limited tracking has no bearing. I forced a full update of your account earlier this morning and it pulled back your achievements as expected.
  • Information
    Posted on 23 October 15 at 15:40
    This post was archived by Jack
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads