Bug Reports Archive Forum

An archive for the Bug Reports forum

My Game Collection: option to mark game ownership as "game with gold"

WebChimp UKFixed
Achievement Completion Percentage: 51.70% (Includes owned DLC) - 5 more achievements required to reach 52%5 posts
Last post: 23 Feb at 10:38
Posted on 20 October 15 at 17:05
My Game Collection

Click "edit" next to any game you own. Under "ownership", one of the options is "Games with Gold". That shouldn't be an option on Steam.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 46.18% (Includes owned DLC) - 23 more achievements required to reach 47%5 posts
Last post: 19 Mar at 10:04
Posted on 20 October 15 at 17:30, Edited on 20 October 15 at 17:31 by Pinski
You can play a game through a "Free weekend" though and earn achievements. Maybe we should change it to that? I'm not sure those games are picked up by the scanners though.
TrueSteamAchievements Game Info Editor34 posts
Last post: 21 Aug at 01:32
Posted on 20 October 15 at 23:12
From my post in "Site Wishlist":

I feel this is already on the "To-Do" list for the site, but I'm putting it down just in case. I noticed a few things while in My Game Collection that I think should be changed.

1) We don't really need a "Disc or Digital" section, because this IS Steam. Kind of all digital. Even the physical discs just give you a Steam license and the game itself is digital.
2) The ownership section should probably just have 4 choices, Owned, Family Shared, Free Weekend, Refunded/No longer Family Shared.
3) There is no need for the choice of platform, since the majority of games share save data between their platforms and multiplayer is rarely system-locked. If a particular game has one of these limitations, only THEN should the system selection be available, right?
TrueSteamAchievements Administrator2 site referrals359 posts
Last post: 10 Oct at 09:49
Posted on 21 October 15 at 11:48
Thanks, I've tweaked the values available in the ownership drop down to the below. I figured that Trial is probably synonymous for Free Weekend, however if you would still like a Free Weekend option that can be added.

- Owned,
- Family sharing,
- No longer have,
- Ordered,
- Trial
Posted on 22 October 15 at 16:00
This post was archived by Jack
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.