This guide is primarily up for PC gamers due to a low player base and the lack of cross-play between Xbox One and PC.
I do own Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the following platforms:
- Xbox One
- 64-bit Windows 10 PC
(64-bit Windows 7 PC or newer)
Xbox Live Gamertag: Lightsup55
I have this achievement and would be glad to help out at any time. Just send a message to Lightsup55 on Steam
saying that you want this achievement and let me know which platform you'll be using:
I'd like the "Bite The Hand" viral achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection and I'll be on PC. Thanks.
There are two other viral achievements that I also can help, click below to see the solution:
Despite how old this solution is, please keep in mind that I'm still helping gamers with it. If I don't respond right away, I'm probably at work or sleeping. I have the most availability to play on weekends and when schools are closed
during the daytime hours (6 AM to about 9 PM) in Baltimore, Maryland, United States
(U.S. Eastern Time / UTC -5).
Note: This achievement is ONLY obtainable in Social Games or Competitive Games matchmaking.
It is highly recommended to utilize voice chat if you are boosting this achievement. Here are some options:
- Steam client (for those who are running the game on Windows 7 or Windows 8)
- the Xbox Game Bar
app on Windows 10 (Win+G
- the Xbox app (Apple App Store
and Google Play Store
, and many others
- Xbox One console?
The quickest and easiest method to unlock this achievement is in Social Games matchmaking.
1) Find another player that already has this achievement unlocked
2) Click Multiplayer
3) Click Social Games
4) Change the Game Size to 1v1
5) Under Games Included, uncheck Halo: Reach
6) Under Games Included, uncheck Halo: Combat Evolved
7) Under Games Included, uncheck Halo 2: Classic
8) Under Games Included, check Halo 2: Anniversary
(this is required for other achievements anyway)
9) Under Games Included, uncheck Halo 3
10) Under Games Included, uncheck Halo 4
11) Under Game Categories Included, check Precision Slayer
12) Go back to the top and highlight (mouse over) PLAY
, but DO NOT click on it yet
13) At this point, you will need to have the other player repeat the same steps above.
14) Once both players are ready, have one of the players do a countdown in voice chat (i.e. 3, 2, 1, GO!)
15) On GO!, both players will click PLAY to start matchmaking
16) If done properly, both players will be in the same 1v1 match together
Once the match starts, have both players meet in the same spot
(typically in the center of the map). The player going for the achievement will only need to kill the other player
. Achievement unlocked!
You will also unlock the Bite The Hand achievement
on your Xbox Live Gamertag
*** Please note that it may take a bit longer for the achievement to unlock as Xbox One based achievements require confirmation via Xbox Live. More information: Problems with Xbox One achievements and challenges