Site Wishlist Archive

Use TA's method of "completion percentage" calculations

• NomstuffNomstuff67,679
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 16:53
    The TA way please.
  • alphabetalphabet823,811
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 17:14
    The TA way.

Time played isn't a reliable stat on Steam. You can have 100% achievements and zero hours in a game if you play in offline mode or 100s of hours in a game without having even started it simply by idling.
    Also, since the DLC already uses the second method, there's no reason to have two separate methods for base and additional content.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,962
    Posted on 08 March 16 at 19:04
    TrueSteam said:
    This looks like a perfect opportunity for a site vote!
    Well you did say this Rich wink
    Its that guy from the thing in the place.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 March 16 at 19:16
    I thought this was amended to TA's style anyway? Its only accounts that joined prior to January that still have 0 games (like mine).
  • Posted on 09 March 16 at 06:55
    MysticalShadow86 said:I thought this was amended to TA's style anyway? Its only accounts that joined prior to January that still have 0 games (like mine).Not as far as I am aware, do you have an example of someone here this is happening?
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 07:12, Edited on 09 March 16 at 07:14 by alphabet
    Since January playtime didn't seem to factor into what was counted as a 'played game', you had to unlock one achievement (i.e. TA's method). So most of us thought the switch was made.
    The problem is that this change wasn't applied to games 'played' before January, so older users have heaps of games marked as 'played'.

Actually, looking at my game collection, it seems the switch was never made (as you said) but the tracking of playtime on games with zero achievements earned stopped, effectively looking like the switch was made.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 March 16 at 09:06
    TrueSteam said:MysticalShadow86 said:I thought this was amended to TA's style anyway? Its only accounts that joined prior to January that still have 0 games (like mine).Not as far as I am aware, do you have an example of someone here this is happening?Well as said by alphabet before January if you idled a game (to get the cards) but didn't earn any achievements the site would start tracking that game. That seemed to stop in January.

However anyone who joined before January has these games where they haven't got any achievements in still on their account.

For example taking a look at my games I can see that the site says I own Broken Sword 5:

"Broken Sword 5 - the Serpents Curse - 0 of 35 - 0 of 619"

Now I do own Broken Sword but only ran it for the cards. Haven't started it achievement wise yet.
  • NomstuffNomstuff67,679
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 09:52
    Mine however has not scanned in "12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature" despite my having idled it for over 3 hours
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 March 16 at 09:53
    Game with playtime aren't even being added to collections anymore, it doesn't count towards your collection at unless you earn achievements.

Maybe this is actually a site bug, that people seem to like positively.
    Kimchi is best!
  • JackJack7,901
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 14:01
    A quick update - this was changed a little while back to stop gamer game records being created for games with playtime but no achievements. I've just removed all of the gamer game records with no achievements attached and the daily site calculations are re-running now.
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 14:48
    I guess that effectively 'fixes' the problem and now the site does fully use TA's calculation method. Time for everyone's scores to plummet again smile
  • DarukDaruk178,134
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 15:01
    Today, AGC% bumped for a lot of players.
    Tomorrow, TSA score will drop for a lot of players... laugh
    ----- TiCyrillou a.k.a. Darûk
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 March 16 at 15:14
    Lets all Ride the Decreasing TSA Score Train!

dance
    Kimchi is best!
  • Posted on 09 March 16 at 19:18
    Jack said:A quick update - this was changed a little while back to stop gamer game records being created for games with playtime but no achievements. I've just removed all of the gamer game records with no achievements attached and the daily site calculations are re-running now.Any idea when we should see the result of this?
  • RebornReborn75,154
    Posted on 09 March 16 at 19:44
    The update is already live and everyone should be taken care of. All games with 0 achievements earned are gone from my games played. Should be working for you too.
    Moderator here on TSA | Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor on TA
  • Posted on 09 March 16 at 20:16, Edited on 09 March 16 at 20:16 by Jaffa_Cake_King
    Reborn said:The update is already live and everyone should be taken care of. All games with 0 achievements earned are gone from my games played. Should be working for you too.Thanks Reborn, i just had to force a scan that's all. Awesome stuff!
  • Posted on 09 March 16 at 20:24
    Very well done!
  • UzzbuzzUzzbuzz367,722
    Posted on 10 March 16 at 03:07
    Woohoo, now I can truly start hunting (after classes end, of course...)

toast
  • Posted on 10 March 16 at 19:33
    TiCyrillou said:
    Today, AGC% bumped for a lot of players.
    Tomorrow, TSA score will drop for a lot of players... laugh
    Aye, my TSA goal is looking pretty insurmountable right now, but I was expecting to be at my completion percentage for months, not -24 hours! smile
  • WraithTDKWraithTDK23,199
    Posted on 10 March 16 at 19:51
    OMG, went from 0.2% completion to 84% overnight! SO happy about this!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads